Thursday, October 29, 2009

End of October

I am set to share two videos of Justus's piano progress. He gets stage fright like his MAMA! He didn't play either as well as he *can*, but it gives you a good idea anyway. ;) Also, A MAJOR CHANGE is that in the last couple weeks Justus has expressed to me that he now thinks playing piano is 'fun'!! (blink, blink!) Go figure! I seriously didn't think it would come this soon, if ever ... and, truthfully, don't know how long this will last. :) Our beloved piano teacher heads off to college next August, so ... *huge sigh* ... we are pondering options about what changes may be coming our way in the piano lessons arena.

First The San Francisco Trolley (...for which, yes, I did pull out my pictures of our family vacation in '93 when the Free family experienced a bit of San Fran, including the trolley!!)




Grumpy Old Troll



And now, I determined not let October end without my acknowledging this publicly: It occurred to me the other day that this season is the 20th anniversary of the entrance into my life of not one, not two, but three extremely important people in my life ... long-time friends, readers of this blog, whom I wish to honor at this time.

Summer. :) I appreciate your faithfulness, your example, and your transparency. You are humble (a-hem! to a fault!) and gracious. Our conversations, though few and far between at times, range from lit. & laundry to religion, to recipes, to homeschooling, and each one is a blessing to me. Thank you for being my locker partner all through high school!!! You were a ROCK in stormy times!! lol Your friendship continues to be a source of joy and courage for me.

Jole. :) What have you and I NOT been through together??? Good thing life calmed down there after a while, eh? lol! Thank you for your continued support, interest, and unfailing love. You have been present (front-and-center!) for many life-altering events and I remain thankful to you for that! You are compassionate and forthright, even when stuff is TOUGH. Your forgiveness and perseverance shine brightly, and I am a better person because you are in my life.

Jeremy. :) Didn't expect to show up here, did ya? (Thought I'd surprise you. I wonder if I did....) "How have I hated thee ... I mean *LOVED* thee ... let me count the ways." ;) Some days I still can not believe you and I ended up married to one another. What a hoot. *sigh* I guess I will not gush embarrassingly in this public forum about my affection for you, but it is probably socially acceptable for me to post that being married to you is more pleasant and fun than I could have imagined. Thank you for choosing me, and choosing me again every day. I deeply appreciate your fidelity, and the security I feel in your love. Every day brings to us new delights and new challenges ... which I hardly mind with you at my side. :) I praise God for creating you and giving you to me, and I rejoice that because of your faith He continues to form you into who He will have you to be. ... One of these days you might actually be a nice guy! (eye roll) :) Twenty years. Hmm. Wow. Who would I have become, I wonder, if not for your appearance on the scene? I thank God for you every day. I love you.




post signature

3 comments:

Jole Dawn said...

Awwww.....you made me cry, you meany gut! :) All I have to say is ditto! Love you so much and someday would like to SEE YOU AGAIN! Hugs

Sydni said...

Sayler just asked, "May I please see some more videos of him." I agree!

I just LIKE hearing/watching your kids play the piano!!!

How interesting about the three friends from 20 years ago. Wow. Nice tributes. :)

Summer said...

Justus did GREAT! I am impressed! I remember The Grumpy Old Troll - Jenna played that one. I am amazed that it's been 20 years! How good of you to remember! I'm grateful for your friendship, too. You have always been a great example for me. It's weird that you met me, Jole, and Jeremy all in the same year - hmm.