In an effort to record the BRILLIANT, SCREAMING red of the bush behind our house (like many others around town ... which I think are all "Burning Bush") I attempted a video coming up TO the color, from inside.
Here is another video. I think I need some practice at choosing WHAT to video ... 'cause these are a little less than exciting. I wanted to show how nonchalant N is about drawing, and then share the end result....
I used the "flower" setting on the camera to try to capture this picture she drew on the other side of her thank you note to Sherrie, who let N borrow her stethoscope for the costume.
HOWEVER, this little artistic escapade *did* require calling in the big dogs. We phoned Aunt Jen for some advice on *how in the world* to draw HANDS. Jen said, "Study the skeleton; once you know what's going on beneath the skin, you can better draw what we see. Also, don't draw what you think you see, draw what's actually there." Intellectually I 'get it'.... However, getting it from my brain to some paper...? HHHHA! The whole thing BLOWS.MY.MIND.





1 comment:
Thanks again for sharing your fall color - the only way for me to get that fix this year.
I'm astounded once again by N's artistic talent. Maybe tomorrow you can show us how well N can draw hands... since I think it'll only take her a day to get it mastered.
Post a Comment