Tuesday, April 14, 2009

update

Easton's situation has at this point neither improved nor deteriorated. Still some things are going better than the doctors had hoped, but there are some things that are now becoming a concern, one of which is that his limbs aren't getting near the circulation they need. Today's decision is to leave him IN HIS OPERATING RECOVERY ROOM through next weekend (!!!???!) to see what progress he makes and help the doctors know better, maybe, what steps to take at that point. Uggh. Stacy is headed back to work tomorrow. It is her work that provides the family's health insurance....

Here are some pictures I took today, of our time with their two older boys.

Natasha was *amazing* with Enoch, from right when we got the boys at 11:30 until 8, 8:30 when the boys were picked up to go home (for the first time in two days). Enoch was remarkably cooperative, for a 2 1/2-year-old under duress, but it wasn't a walk in the park either, and Natasha remained patient and sweet, clear in her communication, and responsible in her 'Enoch assignments' I gave her. :) She was awesome, awesome, awesome.








Justus played with the two of them quite a bit, but he also played by himself quite a bit. Cl & Sy: More thanks from us for the fun outside stuff from last summer! :)



Here is sweet little Chase. :) He currently outweighs Easton by a couple of pounds, and he's a little piggie, with a tiny, sweet cry.



I wish I had Stacy's pictures (and permission) of Easton from tonight to share.... Huge hospital bed, tiny baby, a room full of equipment and 24-hour surveillance from not one but two nurses. From the surgery he is still quite swollen; to quote them, he looks like a marshmallow man.

Next post, Easter Egg Hunt pictures. That's my goal, at least, barring unforseen occurrences.




post signature

1 comment:

Sydni said...

Thank you for the update and pictures. I wonder often throughout the day as I pray.

We have a LOT of new snow. It snowed all day yesterday, possibly all night and is still snowing.