Friday, April 17, 2009

Easter Egg Hunt Pics +

An update on Easton is that finally, today, three days later, they were able to go ahead and close him up. His swelling went down a good amount, and the move to the PICU stressed him out a bit, but some meds are helping with the adjustment. Stacy says they're "inching along", and thanks everyone for their prayers.

Shavon called last night! That is the first contact we've had since we all moved away from Tucson a year ago, Easter time. I've been thinking about them ssso much lately, so that made it especially great to hear from her. They have a new baby, 4wo "Tommy Jr.". :)

We had another Essential Oils success on Tuesday. You see, it seems, since this has recurred this year, that Natasha's springtime 'cold' is ... (heavy sigh) allergies. She gets runny and itchy in her nose and eyes, so it seems like hay fever; this is logical since, even as a baby, if she played in the grass with bare arms and legs she ended up itchy for a day or two. -gr- Up to four of the EOs we actually *have* (!!) can be dabbed into a tissue, and inhaled/sniffed/breathed to clear the sinuses and relieve these allergy symptoms, and that without the 'sinus draining massage' in my book ... which would only yield more success, I would think. So then yesterday N said, "Mom, it seems that last night's aromatherapy treatment for hay fever might have even 'long-lasting' effects, because I'm not nearly as stuffy today as I was yesterday." THAT is not 'science', of course, but will go into a mental file for future comparison.

Here are pictures from the Easter Egg Hunt the Morts hosted as a "Parents' Day Out" last Saturday. ... so you'll see faces of children, but none of their parents. :) The families represented were the Thompsons, Gordons, Walkers, and Foldings, and all the Morts (with whom I left my camera) sans Jess, and Amy F. was there just to help out -- so sweet.

I'll provide first names for those who want them. :)


Justus and Devyn.







Justus and Brandon - SWEET peas in a pod.



Mitch supervising





Justus, Brandon, Devyn



Justus, Devyn, and Taylor

Justus, Devyn, Taylor, Jenna (with whom the weekend went "okay"...), Katie, Hope



Ross, Hope, Jenna, Kristen, Kaden (Yes, with a K, not a C - now I know...), Natasha



I think Justus looks strikingly 'Free' in this picture.





Then they went outside to hunt for the plastic, candy-filled eggs that were hidden hither & yon. :)

Kristen, Natasha, Justus, Ross



Devyn, Kristen, Natasha, Justus



I took the following picture while on our walk yesterday afternoon. That's our house, kind-of under/behind the pretty blooming tree. It's lookin' very springy around here!! Some folks' grass is so green it looks painted! Not ours! Our consolation is that maybe we won't have to mow 'til some weeks after they have to.... Seriously, we're driving by lawns that very obviously need a trim. ALREADY????



The children used stencils to draw page-size pictures of what they thought each other would look like were he/she a monster.



Justus is becoming quite the little chef!! He is WAY better with a knife than is either his sister or his mother. (sigh) Good for him!!



"Wow! Would ya look at this MEAT! It's cookin' up AWESOME!"

(eye roll) ... sounding just like his daddy! LOL And all that over a pan of hamburger!!!!!!!!!! LOLOLOL



What are your favorite things to do with hard boiled eggs??




post signature

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update.

The Easter pics were great and gave me a 'duh' moment as I saw the colored eggs put back into the cartons to dry. I tried 'other' things.

The monster pictures are a fun idea and I'm glad Natasha is feeling better. What oils did you use?

Looks like you all are fitting right in out there and are doing GREAT. I'm so glad.

Ranne and Toby say hi.