Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Tue., Aug. 21

Today's big excitement was going on a visit. Tammy Americano started attending our services with her daughter, Lynda, who worked with Elaine at Michael's; one day Lynda said to Elaine, "Someone told me you're a Christian; I'm looking for a church." Lynda and her dd4 and dd2 have returned to CA where their husband/father was having a house built. Tammy, however, has continued attending, and just in the past couple months her husband, Raul, has started coming with her dependably! They are super-nice.
They are so excited because both Lynda and their daughter-in-law, Kathy, are pregnant - due in just a couple months! However, the daughter-in-law, was hospitalized last week - for the duration. She has been diabetic since age 9, is anemic, and now has preeclampsia. :( So she is on hospitalized bed rest for approx. six weeks. Jeremy, the children, and I went to see her in the hospital this evening and were happy to get to meet her husband, Raul (Jr.), as well! They were really fun to talk to for a while and we look forward to visiting them again in a couple weeks!
When we got home Dick and Shirley were here (as previously arranged)! LOVE them. Remember, their daughter and her husband are our landlords. Dick enjoys being Mr. Handyman to help them out, so he was here to do some little repair work on the toilets.
Jeremy continued his work in the auditorium today, but somehow wrenched his back. Grr. So he came home earlier than usual to lie on ice. He's walking and moving okay, just ... somewhat pained, still, even after taking it easy today. Thankfully the job is just about done.
N & J have been GREATLY enjoying using huge, leftover moving boxes to make little hiding spots in their rooms. It's like a fort, but cozier. Blankets, books, stuffed animals, etc. Kinda claustrophobic for me, but - hey - whatever makes 'em happy! (ha) There is relatively little outside-play happening because it is still uncomfortably warm.
I continued down my list of house cleaning projects I've been wanting to get to since the move. It's strange that we've lived in this house, really, for almost two months now but some of the cleaning things I'm doing haven't yet been done in this house!! lol Good thing I have the excuse that we had a big vacation in the middle of that time! We're down to the final week of this trying pay period, so the cooking and meal planning are tricky. Things are being made 'from scratch' this week, and we're getting to the bottom/back of the freezers and pantry! ...Which we're happy about, actually. It's good to completely cycle-through the Grocery Game stock pile now and then so things don't go past their dates! lol We are blessed. Using what's on-hand, today I had the privilege (heehee) of making a double-batch of 'from scratch' Fudge Brownies - with walnuts, thankyouverymuch. Wwwwwwwoah. LOL It has been a long time, and they are VERY good.
Now, some pictures. These five pictures were taken to record some of the children's fun at Summer Crafting Camp that N & J got to participate in for FREE since Elaine works for Michael's! There were two sessions every day for two weeks, actually, at $5 a pop, pay-as-you-go. N & J participated in five or six sessions, I think. I still have a few more pictures to take of the projects they did.
This is N modeling her pair of crafted flip-flops. She, strangely, did not do the crafting of these flip-flops; Elaine and I did. I got the right one, Elaine got the left one. lol It was actually past time to go on the final day, so the instructor was trying to use up a few more things. We were happy to 'assist' in that effort. -ha





If Justus looks dazed it's because he is on the way home to a nap! These are his crafted flip-flops.


When N & J decided to gift these treasures to loved ones in MT, I had to take a picture of them for posterity's sake!

GOOGLY EYES!! Interesting: It was JUSTUS who first thought to do this silly thing!



No comments: