Monday, September 12, 2011

End of May

Half way through May, Jeremy and I experienced one of the absolute highlights of our life. After many months of struggling toward the point of decision, Natasha committed her life to Christ and requested baptism. What a joyous evening. Since I'm posting about this four months after it happened (Procrastinate Much??!), I have the enjoyable task of reporting to you how much she has truly changed.her.life following her decision. Wwwwwow, it is like night and day, the difference in this person. PRAISE GOD!!!!!!!!!!!


We let her choose who she wanted to be present, and quite a few were able to meet us at the church building which was the most convenient location with the most conducive setting. :) We let her choose, also, who would baptize her, and she looked at us like it was an absurd question and quickly answered, "Dad!" :)



The next Sunday evening, a series of Post-It notes 'appeared' in three locations at the portion of the church building where most of the families enter (the kids' classes 'wing' of the building). They said things like, "Natasha is reborn!" and, "Great decision, Natasha!" ... like that. I had my camera, so I asked the girl to pose with the cute notes. Whoever wrote and stuck them hasn't owned up to it, tho' we think we know who it was. Just ... very precious, encouraging, and celebratory.



Here is a picture of me wearing jewelry that was gifted to me for my birthday by my sister! The necklace and earrings were crafted by one of my oldest and dearest friends as part of her business, and I feel thankful and privileged to own it!!
We have a new piece of furniture. It was gifted to us by a lady who was in a life transition and needed to off-load some furniture. Wwwwwwow, we like it SO.MUCH.

The desk that used to house our computer desk is now part of the furniture serving Natasha in her room, and the book shelf that held some of the books on the desk's shelves is also in Natasha's room now, yaaaaay!

That catches me up to the summer. It's hard for me to believe I didn't blog for an entire season. Good grief! But, seriously, the months of July and August were almost unbearably busy for us; we are ssso thankful they're behind us! I wonder if next summer we can somehow avoid the overloaded calendar we had this summer!!!!! Sheesh!

post signature

3 comments:

Amanda said...

WOW! So proud of N...I know (pray) that will be happening in our lives in a few years! :)

And I just have to say how much I LOVE that shelf/desk! :-) G.O.R.G.E.O.U.S. :)

Sydni said...

We too are very pleased and thankful for Natasha's decision and how she is letting the Spirit change her!! That's what this is all about.

Great new furniture!! Really wonderful!

You blogged. Good for you. Thanks much.

Shonya said...

Oh, love those praises and can relate to your joy! Isn't it beautiful to see God working??!!