Oh, wow, isn't it nice when once out of every, say, 100 posts, the picture that posts first is the one you wanted posted first? :) How lovely. lol [Thank you for continuing to bear with me regarding my laziness (or time stewardship, depending on perspective) in not taking the time to rearrange the order of pictures....]
Jeremy was privileged to be the officiator of a beautiful outdoor wedding a few weeks ago. I was absolutely charmed by the setting, which we were forced to conclude is a family's old farm that was ultimately sold to the city (Johnston, IA, on the north side of DSM). They have turned the house into a museum, and the barn is rented out for events. Since we (no surprise) arrived with plenty of time to spare (yay), I was able to take all the pictures I wanted. These are my favorites:








Justus had a very important job: keeping Jeremy's phone.
My job in the weddings Jeremy officiates is (with the couple's permission) to record and remind regarding the wedding party's entrance timing. This means I'm actually still at the back when the bride and father are heading to the front! What a unique perspective of a wedding!
This picture, taken by N, was sssssso dark before Jennifer, with her effective photo editing software, was able to lighten it to this point:
Bride & groom made a pretty cover for the plain barn door, the spot they had chosen as the backdrop for their ceremony. It was pretty, just plain wood, covered with black tulle, and sparkly lights for the evening!

Natasha felt embarrassed to be in red when the rest of us were in black. Additionally, we decided on this occasion to alter her dress to fit her better.






We have year's free pass to Blank Park Zoo here in Des Moines. We rrrrreally like our local zoo, but we don't voluntarily bear the heat of summer if we don't have to. So we waited 'til temps dropped some (It was still pllllenty warmmm.), and spent a day at the zoo! :)
Natasha with a parrot over her shoulder, and a hook on her hand....
Justus feeding a llama. There is something ssssssso cute to me about a little boy in a backwards cap ... in an appropriate situation. ;)
When we moved on, in the petting zoo, to feed some other animals, this donkey became emotionally disturbed and started braying LOUUUUDLY!!! We laughed so hard!
That llama looks down at most people.
I took these next two pictures just to show the quality design of these two goat pens. The goats can go up one side, walk on the overpass above the humans/vehicles, etc., and then down the other side into the pen on the other side. Somebody was thinkin'!
Natasha requested that I take her picture THROUGH the jellyfish tank; she wanted it to look like she was a dead person floating in there ... I think(?). lol!





2 comments:
I adore Justus in his backward cap.
I also adore how Natasha's creative/dramatic/artistic talents and personality shine through so strongly in this post.
SAD! We were supposed to go to Blank together! How about we still do it--next week????? :D (I'm more spontaneous than planner, just ask Marcy, lol)
Post a Comment