Pinewood Derby!! A huge success!! Jeremy put in a nice amount of time to make the experience painless, short, and fun. I was a Photographic LOSER at this event. Really sorry.... :\
Justus carved the soap bear in Scouts. Natasha gets th credit for the yellow dude. She also made the big blue fish ... which I don't yet have a good picture of, sorry. (Wow, bad picture-taking mom lately.)


For his Pony Express story, Justus wrote this entire page!!!!! huge *blink* I could almost not believe it. The handwriting reminds me so much of Scott's when he was this age.

Here are the children's Christmas(/N's birthday) wish lists they drew. Clockwise from top L: toe socks, lolly pop, lava lamp, Saints jersey, book on sculpting, fake teeth, and eye patch.

Of all the funny things, Jeremy's and my favorite is Justus's tongue licking the lolly pop! Clockwise from top L: wind-up shark, toe socks, lolly pop, Nerf mace, Nerf t-shirt, stuffed penguin.

I took this picture on a cold day, late in the afternoon. Justus was ssssuper relaxed, and playing a game on the computer. He just looked really cozy....

Okay! Knitting pictures!



Because ... you know ... "Y B Normal...?!?"

Here are the tassels on my basket-weave scarf!


We were blessed, on Freecycle, to receive a weight machine!! I wish we had room in our basement for it; it's in the garage. Jeremy and Justus got to put it together. :)


A couple funnies:
We had many rounds of Christmas this year. The final round was a week into January, and Justus was trying to decide what to give Jeremy, Natasha, and me for Christmas. We'd been working with him with his budget, but a memory lapse led to a decision that left him with basically no money to spend for Christmas. A number of days went by while he was thinking about what to give. He then said to Jeremy, "I have the perfect gift for everyone." Jeremy said, "Oh? And what is that?" Justus said, "A hug!" "That IS the perfect gift, Justus." Justus said, "But I've already done that for the last seven yearrrs!"
Justus was reading a book about the US states. He saw a small V-shaped one that had VT on it. He said, "It's Virginia Tech."
We ate at a Mexican restaurant for lunch last Sunday. The music was VERY LOUD; conversation wasn't possible. Jeremy, in his most yodel-ly, falseto voice, rolled his 'r' as he ended one phrase with an emotional, well-timed, "Maria," which impressed Justus so that, in wide-eyed wonder he asked, "You KNOW this song?!"
Here is a video of Natasha's first frying experience! Chicken Fried Steak, woah-yum.
3 comments:
I love seeing what you guys are up to! What kind of clay does N use for sculpting? Nice job on the knitting. The story from the Mexican restaurant made me laugh out loud - I can just picture it!
Good job to Natasha on not dredging her fingers in the hot oil. I'm in awe of the sculptures and art. Your obsession over handwriting is .... understandable. Ha. Thanks for the view of the weight machine.
I came by the other day and had to jet off for Bridger before leaving a comment. Your family's clever way of being creative and structured continues to amaze me. Your kids are so talented! And so are you! You are knitting great things, Sunny! Way to go! I just finished some mittens. Maybe some day soon I can post them.
Post a Comment