Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas Eve

A few of you will know how utterly and extremely significant it is that I am posting a Christmas Eve blog before my sister!!!!!! Two things on this, tho'. 1.) She's out of town (otherwise you can be guaranteed that she would have beat me to it.), and 2.) Don't get the idea that this means I'm caught up. (Although with this blogging so much easier these days ... -eye roll- ... I just MIGHT actually feel caught up pretty soon!!) I still need to hem Justus's dress pants, and Natasha's as well, I have laundry to do, kitchen work to do, papers to sort, and cobwebs to attack.

But those things can wait while I share for a second. Here, in no particular order, are views from our Christmas Eve fun.

Sketchbook and "N" monogram magnet bookmarks. This is one of Natasha's prettiest smiles I've photographed in a while. Her eyes are weird, but ignore them; just enjoy that smile -- no strangeness!!


Natasha taking in her Oil Paints and Instruction set!



Why our children get excited about school books is beyond me, but hilariously wonderful.

[Yes, I know the date stamp was wrong. Gr. I've fixed it....]



Oh, more excitement about the oil paints set.


Figuring out the Gift catalog situation. They are very excited about this, and are having a tough time deciding between Apples to Apples Bible Edition or the self-contained tadpole environment, "Planet Frog". Somehow I expect we will be learning a lot about frogs very soon.

Silly face to show his happiness about a Lego Mini-Figure.

We still haven't figured out why Sydni chose, wrapped, and sent this gift to Jeremy. Note his puzzled brow.
Justus taking in the interactive science books.

I TOLD you it's inexplicable how much our children like their handwriting books!! ??! Seriously!

Technology has come a long way from the LeaPads of just a few years ago!! WWWOW. And, an extra set of earphones 'gifted' for use with these books was just the ticket to take Justus into his own non-fiction science world until ... April, probably.
We usually make and decorate sugar cookies in the first or second week of December. Not this year! We got it done on Christmas.Eve.

Here are my four favorite decorated cookies that didn't get eaten. Clockwise from top left. Justus used a saguaro cookie to make a rocket/plane. Natasha made a Tarzan. Jeremy made a zombie cookie, and Justus used the tube of white, leftover from Natasha's birthday cake, to put spines on a saguaro I frosted.... There were other wonders, most notably a hugely-bearded Santa (back to the tube of white), made from an upside-down Christmas tree cookie.
Our children were gifted the game Blokus for Christmas but I had to wrap it. The box is a HEXAGON!



post signature

1 comment:

Brenna said...

My kids love getting school workbooks and books for Christmas and bdays, too! Isn't it wonderful?!?!?!