I want to give you an idea of the type of artist N is currently taking lessons from. Because she hasn't given me permission to use her full name online, I'll be referring to her simply as Dianne. Here are some of her paintings.
Hm, okay, well, the way it turned out, this first one is her least favorite of the ones around her house; she says she's not good at painting people. Well, this looks great to me!! In case these photos are too small to see well, I'll say what each picture is. First, Rosie the Riveter. :)
Here is her first painting she ever did. She did the garden and pond (reflections!! - wow - ) first and the walkway last, but ended up disappointed because the left half of the walkway looks like a brick wall ... vertical ... instead of horizontal. She will likely end up re-doing that at some point, she says.
A potted garden.
A pink flower.
Canned peaches.
A larger version of canned peaches, painted for her son who requested a painting similar to one she'd done previously, but he wanted a bigger one.
Same picture, from an angle trying to show that for the jar rims she used gold paint that reflects.
Her kitchen hutch, from the side.
Front of kitchen hutch.
Hot air balloon, a request from her husband Tom; this is her only painting she's had framed, just three weeks ago.
This one is my favorite. Prayer before "Dinner on the Grounds".
Bottom one is an ocean view. Top one, a white adobe house.
Here is Natasha painting. :) (A couple weeks ago Dianne said there's no reason Justus shouldn't get in on this as well, so he'll get to paint also, starting tomorrow. Yay!! Dianne is used to this because she used to do arts-and-crafts with her children all the time as they were growing up. WHAT A BLESSING SHE IS TO US, eh??!)
Here are N & J with Dianne.
Here's Natasha's painting at the end of her second day working on it.
Friday, February 12, 2010
Art Lessons!!
Posted by
JeremyNSunny
at
1:10 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Sayler just looked at this with me and said, "The first time I thought she was going to make an egg." I'll have to show her that the egg turns into a cat at some point. :) It seems to me you found a very good artist to give your children lessons. Good job! Please keep us updated on the progress if you will?
Wow! This is great! How fun! Does Dianne charge? Jenna is in an "art class", but it's more like an arts and crafts class. This looks fabulous! And I love Dianne's work!
Okay, so I'm officially jealous of your kids! LOL Brent and I would love to have art lessons and be able to paint like that.... ~sigh~ SO happy that J gets to get in on the action too! :)
Post a Comment