Saturday, February 13, 2010

1st half of Feb., incl. Pinewood Derby



Pics of Justus's car. Justus did every bit of work on this car that Jeremy deemed it was safe for him to do, from choosing the design of the car and the decoration, to painting it and gluing on the Saints logo they printed off the Internet. :) We just don't trust him with very many wood working tools just yet. :) Gotta start somewhere, right? ;)








Setting up.



A couple pictures of the cute scouts.





It was really something to behold, so many ways to carve and embellish a regulation-size block of wood!



Some others' cars.



"Gene Simmons's tongue".



Mater, from the movie "Cars".



More cars by others.



Others' cars, including one boy's Colts car!! The Saints car did beat the Colts car. :) (The event was the day before the Superbowl.)



J by track.



J & Brandon wait.



J's car ready to race



J's car racing. (Jeremy said each car raced every other car there!)



J's car finishes.



J kneeling by track.



Brandon's car won a race, and he was so excited that Jeremy wanted to capture the moment. Of course then Justus 'photo bombed' the shot.... [I guess there's a whole web site of photo bombs. lol]



A few 40-degree days melted the snowmen that were in our front yard from Christmas. However, the snow, as everyone knows, keeps on comin', so Natasha started a new snowman.



Jeremy and Justus were both desperate for haircuts the day before the Superbowl, so at Justus's request Jeremy gave Justus the haircut of the century. :)



Turning the page, here is another chapter in my shoe journey. The black dress shoes I bought in AZ are wearing out; they are getting scary to walk in, even ... and the snow and ice don't help! I slipped all the way to the ground on Wednesday evening and somehow managed to skin my knee to bleeding withOUT tearing a hole in my dress jeans, phew!! Having budgeted for some new dress shoes, I headed to the Younkers at Valley West mall where I had been told they have an entire room of clearance shoes, including Sofft brand, my brand! N & I looked and looked, but there were no Sofft shoes in there in wide widths. I decided to ask the sales lady if they had any in back; she said she might, and offered to bring out all the Sofft shoes they had in my size!! She came out with ONE PAIR ... which happens to be one that has been on my wish list for about 18 months now!!!!!!!!!! Annnnnd, drum roll please :) , they were on sale for $34, from $100-ish!!!!!!!! WHOOP, WHOOP!!!! Ahh, this brand of shoe is so wonderful to my feet.






post signature

3 comments:

Sydni said...

Justus's hair is still killing me. Thank you for showing us what some of the other cars looked like. I still think J's is one of the best.

Wow about the shoes!

Summer said...

Looks fun! I like the shoes!

Jole Dawn said...

LOVE THOSE SHOES!!! :) I am jealous. Justus did a really good job on his car! And, Jeremy did a really good job on his hair. :) Natasha is so pretty! There....you are all covered. :) teehee