"May Play" was my last blog title. Since the weather this month has been so mild(!) I figured I'd come up with another rhyming title.
I'm so very far behind on blogging; in the interest of time (yours and mine) this blog will be almost exclusively pictures, 'cause I think most of them need very little explanation, and the pictures will say very much by themselves. :)
These three are of some of the church friends who attended Elaine's birthday party we hosted.
We went shooting at a new location on public land that was not so very far away, but far enough that it was deserted/lonely/echoing ... wonderfully empty. We took Jabba!
In this video Justus instructs how to shoot his pellet gun.
The flora didn't treat Jabba well. I thought he'd climbed up in the chair just 'cause he's King Mutt. A few minutes later we found 1" burrs stuck on his feet, at least one on each foot. :(
We came home via Saylorville Lake; I took this picture from the 1-mi-bridge that crosses it.
Every Monday evening for a while in here Jeremy and I are driving to Knoxville, a small town about a 40 minute drive SE from here. It is an extremely pleasant drive through a portion of the rural midwest, so I thought I'd take pictures to share. :)
Justus has been making interesting things from clay.
(This one is a quickly-done re-do; the first one was better, but he destroyed it before I got a picture of it. He read about the platypus, and then sculpted one. This blows my mind, just for the record. Justus took this picture; I would have taken it from an angle that showed more, but didn't remember in time to re-take it. -argh-)
Here are the (few!) pictures we took at Living History Farms when we visited last month. The 1850 Farm is my favorite, you know.... So that's where I most think to pull out the camera.... *sigh*
In this picture the lady is giving N a lesson on 'carding' yarn; the washed yarn is gently pulled over and over between the two bristled paddles 'til it's all going the same direction. Next it's either dyed [if one wants the color to be more permanent ('dyed in the wool')], or spun ... and dyed later.
I let N take the camera while she shimmied up the ladder to the second level, to take pictures of what was up there.





3 comments:
Is "Cool June" another rhyming title? Hahaha.
Thank you very much for sharing those wonderful pictures. The shooting and Living History Farm continue to be wonderful things for your family to do.
Looks like there was a nice turn-out for Elaine's birthday party.
Thanks for blogging!!!!
Great pictures - such nice scenery! If we ever visit there, I want to go to the Living History Farm, for sure! Nice sculptures, by the way. The snail reminds me of a snail sculpture I made in 6th grade art class.
Okay, fine, sis. Cool June isn't a true rhyme. But it's the same rhythm and echoing vowel sound. Close enough for my purposes. Although, maybe I should outsource our children's English education?? ;)
Post a Comment