Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Wed., Apr. 23

As promised, a "dress-up" picture.

Today we took the garden apart. Jim, Lillian, and their friend Sid came over to help. It was a w-a-r-m day, so lots of water drinking was required. After they left the children and I harvested the garlic. It's NOT a stellar crop, but I'm just happy to have had the chance to pull it all up before we leave, so we can take it with us! :)

I cleared the table in the garage by packing all of Jeremy's tools. That needed to be done anyway, so all the better. Then I laid out all the garlic there, to start it drying. The bigger ones toward the top right of the table in the picture are Elephant Garlic.

Here is our current packing situation.

Jeremy called this evening with news that we GET the house! Since our mover-friends are available on Saturday mornings, we're thinking that now we are going to be driving away around noon on Saturday, May 3, after packing our truck that morning. We're going to pay our sweet neighbor, Theresa, to clean the house. Keep us in your prayers please!! Thank you for sharing our excitement.

post signature

5 comments:

Sydni said...

Great dress-up picture. Ha. Good job on growing the garlic and congratulations on getting the house!

Mainly, I'm excited for you that you don't have to clean the house! VERY excited for you about that!

Anonymous said...

I always think it is funny when the children play dress up! It makes me miss them even more than I do already.

I do have one thing to say though...

Chewie looks like he is not enjoying the dress up! Very Funny!!!

I love you all and look forward to when we will be together again.

Summer said...

Pretty much I just second what Sydni said. Is it just going to be you and the kids and the dogs in the truck going cross country? What an adventure that will be!

Loree said...

Dress up is so much fun and the new outfits are a hit! Glad things are going smoothly for you and you can be on your way to IA.

Jole Dawn said...

Woohoo! Very happy you got the house. :) And, I agree with Sydni...that you don't have to clean! :) I have never seen elephant garlic....is it very strong?