We have learned a new game. It is a card game that was recommended by someone from the Homeschoolers’ Yahoo Group when I posted a request for games good for children ages 4-6. They’ve graduated from some of the more ‘kiddie’ games, but they’re not efficient-enough at reading or numbers to be able to play most of the other common games. So, this is a card game (!) called Stealing the Old Man’s Bundle. Ever heard of it? We hadn’t! http://www.pagat.com/fishing/bundle.html This game is basic enough that youngsters can play it, but it goes fast enough that the rest of the family can enjoy it. Even Jeremy, Mr. Hearts, Spades, and every other card game requiring a brain, in which he doesn’t want me to be his partner!! Lol We first learned it Saturday evening. Justus was really sleepy by bed time, and while we were doing the night routine I asked him how much he liked that new game. He sleepily answered, “Verrrrrrry much.” I said, “Oh? How long do you want it to be before we play it again?” He half-slurred, “Maybe tomorrow.”
Well, we didn’t get it done on Sunday because we watched Spider-Man 3 in the evening after a super-relaxing day of minimal commitments. However, we did have time this evening to play it again, and it was just as fun. What’s actually more fun than the game is just to watch Justus come ALIVE with his laughing and ‘plugged-in’ interactions – as opposed to sitting idly by, watching - focused on the relationships while playing the game. Does that make sense? I mean, he’s even picked up on Jeremy’s ‘taunting’ (the ‘nanny-nanny-boo-boo’ sing-song, singing, “I’m gonna steal your bundle!”) which begins as early as a turn or two before his turn!! So, it’s great. The children don’t know that for Christmas Todd & Jennifer were able to get for N & J not one, not two, but three kids’ games that will be great for Justus, too (according to further recommendations from the Group)!!!!! More game playing comin’ right up!
Criticism of Jeremy continues. He says it is dependable, that every.single.Sunday. someone will come up and personally criticize his sermons (Well, it’s the same 3 old men, and only them.) without bringing a single Scripturally-founded or substantial reason … and sometimes criticism without any reason given, even when politely & patiently requested numerous times in a row. There are two ways to expect someone to deal with such constant and unhelpful criticism. First, one could take it so seriously he lets it discourage him to the point of cessation. Or, one could look at the ridiculousness of it and just let it be water off a duck’s back. However, it’s not really that simple. Logic tells someone it’s not worth listening to; natural human emotion doesn’t allow it to be that easy. Please pray that this phase will end soon. One of these three men said to Jeremy just a few weeks ago, “I don’t really want the church to grow.” WOW. Well, that explains things!! Yeah, faith in Jesus saved you from a life of misery and eternal damnation, but … who cares about anyone else who might wish to learn that faith in Jesus saves?? WHAT??
However, positive changes continue to occur; they are subtle and gradual, but some things are better.
For example, today Jeremy went with me to run an errand in the evening because he had an appointment at 6pm with Roderick, who is building a Web site for our congregation!! While Roderick and Jeremy worked, Magdalena and I got to have some lovely fellowship time, too! Yay!
Wow, I just realized I have neither posted nor taken a single picture in over a week now! Hm, better get back on the ball. :)
I learned tonight on a science TV show that there is lots of new evidence being uncovered that indicates Hitler was not only a meth addict (!!!) (One of Meth's original names was "Nazi Dope"!!), but that although he committed suicide in the end, it was early-onset Parkinson's Disease that was actually taking his life, not even syphillus! Things that make you go "hmmmm". Hitler and everything WWII have always fascinated me ... so I certainly was interested in watching that show.
If you wonder what's going on in our house the next two days, picture lots of cooking. I learned tonight that there will likely be more guests at our Thanksgiving meal in Sierra Vista than previously expected. I plan to make two pumpkin pies tomorrow, and then on Wednesday an apple pie or two, a Cranberry Fruit Salad, and Green Bean Casserole. Good, then I'll be nice-and-exhausted on Thanksgiving Day ... like everyone else. ha Maybe I can connive Jeremy into doing the casserole on Thursday morning; I think he'd like that. I like cooking, but I hate having to do tons of it in a short amount of time. Maybe if I take Flylady's advice about scheduling fifteen-minute breaks here and there I'll feel better. I think I'm determining right now that I will do that, and report back about if I hold up better than if I just go a zillion miles an hour straight through two days. aak!
We get to worship with the Tucson-area churches at a Thanksgiving Devotional across town on Wednesday! Jeremy is one of the speakers. (smile) We are excited to receive another much-needed 'shot-in-the-arm', and provide the same encouragement to others as well. Blessings all around.
Monday, November 19, 2007
Sat. - Mon., Nov. 16-18
Posted by
JeremyNSunny
at
11:43 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
I'm sorry about the discouraging few, BUT excited about Justus getting to have so much fun with the family and the games! It warms my heart to picture him laughing and enjoying you all so much.
Ya know, you were tagged by me and Sidney and you didn't list 8 things about you. Shame on you for not joining in the game!! :)
You have not posted in SIX days!
Post a Comment