Friday, November 16, 2007

Thu., & Fri., Nov. 15 & 16

Yesterday was the monthly Tucson area Preachers' Luncheon, except it was rescheduled as a breakfast so more people could come. So they had fewer than half of the guys there that attended last month ... go figure. So Jeremy had breakfast at IHOP, early. Somehow the children got the idea in their heads that our whole family was going to breakfast at IHOP, so when I started making a normal, at-home breakfast they got sad! (I get no respect! ha LOL) I said, "What's wrong?" "Aren't we going to IHOP for breakfast?" "Nnnnno, Jeremy had a 'Preacher's Breakfast' at IHOP today." Justus said, "I want a Preacher's Breakfast today too." Jeremy stayed home, and worked on-and-off through the day. However, he and Justus worked a lot on a big Lego project. It was uncomfortably cool and really windy outside, so it was a good day for a big Lego project. In the early evening N & I spent about an hour at the building; I was working on a project in one of the classrooms. Nothing exciting, just some cleaning out and re-organizing. Not exciting, but important. That work should greatly improve the situation.

One of the things I unburied is a set of "Tupperkids" stencils! Since they're not being used, at all, at the building, we borrowed them for our house for a little while. They are getting USED here. The children are coming up with really amazing pictures. Here's something that struck me. In my pictures I drew/draw (lol) Things are nicely centered and fake-looking. Natasha, on the other hand, not only used a single tree stencil to draw an entire forest (by using parts of the stencil to make one tree look like it's behind another, etc.), but she also allowed some of the animal stencils to go off the edge of the paper. (blink, blink) Seriously, that is FAR beyond my grasp of pictures to draw ... even though it's a relatively simple concept. --duuuuuh-- So anyway, already many hours have been spent enjoying the stencil set. Yay!

Today N & I got to go to the library while Jeremy stayed here with napping J. In the evening Elaine stayed with N & J while Jeremy and I drove allllll the way across town for Bible study with Tommy, Shavon, and Chris. It was a great first 'official study'. Great, great.

Check still hasn't arrived.

3 comments:

Sydni said...

Natasha's artistic abilities continue to astound me!!

Sydni said...

I'm tagging you. Check out Sayler's Paige (toward the end of the really long post) for details.

Jole Dawn said...

You're tagged by me too. hehe