Justus made an "animal museum". Most interesting to me was that he even included what he said was a "parking lot".
I am having outstanding success with these new shoes. OH MAN, they're great. (And they'd better be, for the price I paid for them!!) They have to be able to go from casual/with pants all the way to dressy, which is tricky. Annnnnnnnd, they were so comfortable on Sunday that I decided to try wearing them grocery shopping on Monday (Went just fine!!!!!); when I get home I don't WANT to take them off! I keep them on while working in the kitchen, etc. until it's 'convenient' to switch them for my Crocs. lol I recently learned that Boeing makes Born and Sofft shoes (two dots over the 'o' in each word). The insides of them look different from most shoes ... reminding me that they are truly 'engineered'!! I have 747s on my feet. ?? The description of this shoe says the heel is 'intriguing'. I think I might agree. Is it strange to put pictures of shoes on a blog? If so, I qualify. Oh well. It's just a mite exciting to have a new pair of black dress shoes after waiting a long time for this moment. :)
This is Natsha pretending to be an 'alien'. Note the lifesavers from Justus's water craft on N's ears, and the nylon cord tail. The crosses are from a bag of crafting stuff that was rescued from the trash during a church cleaning day. N said she liked the crosses because they could make her feet appear 'webbed'. Hm.
Jeremy and Elaine went to bed early on Monday, one physically sick, one heartsick. [We're heading into the holidays now so Elaine's system reminded her to double up on her Prosac to make it through the holidays sane. :( This is the time of year we all miss John most.] So the children and I played Battleship, except this time N & J were a team.
After Battleship I read a library book to Justus. Natasha, from across the room, took this picture of Jabba perched on the arm of the couch.
Today's biggest accomplishment was the change-over of the season's clothing. It's tricky in AZ though. First of all, it's still 90 degrees here. So it's hard to think about wanting warmer clothes. Except that the nights and mornings are cool, so they have been reminding us. Second, the summertime clothes don't really get put away. I mean, the super-springy/summery dresses and tank tops can go to the back of the closet for a few months, but ... we still use short sleeve shirts and shorts off-and-on through these 'winter' months. uggh I'm VERY anxious for the cool weather to arrive. I miss walking outside.
Yesterday's work was a major pick-up of the house, especially the children's bedrooms. They got quite a work-over, taking down old art work and putting up new, refreshing the organization systems, clearing off surfaces, etc. [The "To Do" list grows shorter. Not "short", just "shorter".] Jeremy was away ALLLLLLLLL DAY, in Sierra Vista with Travis and Cecil working up a plan for camp next summer. They had a good day, but we missed him here! :) I have enjoyed nice phone time with Mom, Sydni, and Stephanie these past few days. :) :)




1 comment:
Remind me again....John is Jeremy's brother?
Post a Comment