Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Tue., Oct. 16

I cleaned one fan today. One down, five to go. (!!!)

We spent a good amount of time today, the three of us, reading from the Mammals book. I really like reading with the children. Preciously, they seem to really enjoy it too. YAY!

While slicing onions today (I made French Onion Soup for lunch.) using the Ultimate Slice and Grate withOUT the guard (the onion wouldn't fit into it) - STUPID! - I sliced deep into the tip of my right thumb. The cut is only 1/3" long, but it's deep. That injury actually changed the plan of the day because supper was going to include bread bowls; I decided not to try to figure out how to knead bread with a freshly busted thumb. Instead I coached Justus making cookies (a-hem!) and did some kitchen clean-up that had been postponed. (Rubber gloves were a saving grace! ha!)

I had reasons to talk to Mom, Sydni, Michelle A., and Stephanie all on the phone today! That's some kind of record!

Just as I was putting Justus down for his nap Jeremy called and mentioned that he'd cooked up a movie night surprise for the five of us at the building for supper. Hm! [Earlier in the day I had told him of the change in our supper plans, from soup in bread bowls to ... frozen pizza. :( ] So Justus got to skip his nap - for the 2nd day in a row. He did great!! Good thing he's five! He is such an early riser that he definitely still needs his nap most days of every week, with our children's late bedtime of 9:30 - 10pm.

A few days ago when I was cleaning out a milk jug for recycling, N asked me if she could have it for crafting purposes (always cracks me up). Today she and Justus were playing some kind of military game in which they had tied blankets around their middles, and would 'hide' under them on the ground. So then Natasha got the idea that if she tied the milk jug onto her head, when she laid down under the blanket she could pretend that the jug opening was the firing end of a 'big gun'!! (?? WHERE DOES THIS STUFF COME FROM??!!)



The spinach is big enough to show up in a picture.

The beets are big enough to show up in a picture.

And look at this garlic sprouting!!

It being military day and all (??!), I guess it's appropriate that N took this picture of Justus pretending that the slide (currently detached, since the move - and standing on its back end) was a tank!
There was so much going on out front today that I decided to take a picture of it so you can see how busy our family-friendly neighborhood gets sometimes!! (N & J are on the far right.) (The picture was taken from just inside our garage.)

There are two BEA-U-TI-FUL things about this picture. First, the paper towel holder, hung. Second, aah! - is that a breeze I see coming through the window?? :) :) :) :)


Here are a few pictures of Jabba. Here he's sleeping in one of his favorite sleeping places, on the couch's raised foot rest!


I took this picture to show you how much his hair has grown in the past five weeks!! Aaah! He's due for a haircut already!! We might try to cut it a little shorter next time...? Hm....

I took this picture to show you the huge, fluffiness of his feet! lol We didn't work on trimming them last haircut, so they're really big now! LOL

1 comment:

Sydni said...

The paper towel holder looks GREAT and so does that breeze. Makes me kind of laugh. Your kids are unusually imaginative I think. Maybe they are not, but they seem to be to me. I also think Jabba's feet are extremely CUTE!