We've had two pretty normal, quiet days. A little grocery shopping (We learned of a check that won't go through until next week; phew!), lots of seminar cooking, phone chatting with far-away loved ones, and cleaning up puppy messes.... I weeded a lot yesterday as well, in fairly-friendly evening temperatures. The weeding is, thankfully, almost done. After a late-afternoon call from the family with six children saying they were planning to attend tonight's Bible class, I carved out enough minutes to put together a class for the older kids for tonight. Then, alas, they didn't come - again. My consolation is that N & Alex had a good class tonight.
Reading, Draw-Write-Now, and Legos have occupied a number of the children's hours. Justus is building a new creation every day with the living room couch cushions. I've been impressed lately with Justus's accurate handling of numbers, not something we've been 'pushing' at all. I've also been thrilled to see some more progress in Natasha's ability to tell time. These are things they're basically teaching themselves. (blink, blink) So interesting....
There is a new game they're playing outside. They are both really too big for the swing set we have. Justus can still swing on it okay, but ... they've figured out how to take the swings off the swing set, and take turns standing in the middle of the garden spot. The performer places the swing seat in the small of his/her back and then spins!!!!!!!!!! Mom winces. So far they're doing great about making sure the watcher is safely out of the way before the spinning begins. No one has gotten hurt yet, but ... is this something I should continue to allow??? All I can think of is how much I enjoyed stuff like that as a youngster. It still looks fun today! :)
Please pray for Jeremy; this is a HUGE weekend for him and his mind/body are showing signs of knowing it. There is a BUZZ of excitement in the congregations here in Tucson because of the seminar this weekend! We know of this because of the e-mails and phone calls we're receiving informing us of people who didn't know until just now that they could come. A number of people can't come to all of it, but don't want to miss all of it, so are going to come to just part! This seems really exciting! Tomorrow is a big prep day: carpet cleaning, the T-coil wire getting put UNDER the carpet, and then Set-Up tomorrow evening! I'm actually really looking forward to it because there is a good number of dependable, pleasant help with whom to do the work! Horay!
Thursday, September 20, 2007
Tue. & Wed., Sep. 18 & 19
Posted by
JeremyNSunny
at
4:27 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
I'm confident the seminar will go off wonderfully and hope everyone who attends gets lots of good out of it!
N & J sound up to their usual creative, busy selves! Great.
Post a Comment