Thursday, September 27, 2007

Thu., Sep. 27

Jeremy was able to take today off work, as well! Three days off this week!! Awesome! We made a trip to the east side, running errands. Hit the library as well, and made it home in time for lunch before Jim & Lillian arrived with a roto-tiller. Jeremy was the 'lucky' one who did the work.... Thankfully it took only about 30 minutes. Then Justus napped and Jeremy and I prepared to go to Southside again. Elaine opted to stay home this evening, and she cared for N & J while Jeremy and I went across town. It was a productive day, but ... again, I'm super-tired. Uggh. Here are the rest of the pictures from our zoo day, Monday.


The very second the camera shot this picture Justus was taking off to go see the next thing!!

Check out the L-O-N-G tongue!








Ooh-ooh! I have to say something about this one. This is a South American jaguar. Am I the only one who didn't know that its fur has a pattern???!!? Wwwwwwwoah!

Hm; it looks like you can't really see it in this picture, but this bird looks like it has an afro!!

The brilliant green of this large bamboo tree against the brilliant blue of the sky struck me so that I wanted to take a picture of it!!

The big food tradition at Reid Park Zoo is Dippin' Dots, ice cream in tiny, pearl-size balls. This picture was taken just after Justus polished off the final spoon-ful of the three cups our family shared for our 'zoo snack'....



2 comments:

Sydni said...

Great pictures! My favorite is the close-up of Natasha and Jeremy. That really does look like an excellent zoo.

Loree said...

As I was looking thru your pictures, I really liked the one of Natasha and Jeremy. Then I read Sydni's comment! Looks like a great zoo and a nice family day.