The verdict is: Combine the two Bible classes into one. Elaine rrrrrrreally wants to stay in Jeremy's Sunday a.m. Revelation class, so I'll teach them Sunday mornings and Elaine will teach them Wednesday evenings. gr This presents all kinds of difficulties we'll learn to overcome. However, there is one distinct advantage: more children in the class and we might actually be able to play some of the games, etc., that require more children!
Sssssssso, since it starts TOMORROW, I spent the day preparing for the new quarter. This involved prepping the "back-up" class material (for if the class gets too big, then the readers will bump up and have an unprepared substitute teacher - ack), in addition to my own. It also involved a trip to the building to take a peek at the condition of both classrooms. Why? Well, each class's regular teachers, all except one, have been out of town for the last week or two!! So they aren't in 'end of quarter' mode, as far as taking down all the stuff off the walls and cleaning up. Pfffft. (sigh) Natasha was a big help to me on that. She is excited about being an "assistant teacher", with Shelby, this next quarter in the Preschoolers' class. Hmmm. We shall see how it goes.
An unschooling update: Today in the car Natasha asked, "Mom, would you like me to tell you the water cycle?" I said, "Sure." And out came an excellent description of something I don't remember learning until something like 5th grade. She was not 'taught' this, but picked it up in some of the material she is reading - by complete choice. Shooee! Amazing!! :) (Or, not THAAAT amazing, I guess, just new and different for this public-schooled mind.)
All day yesterday we talked about our company that was coming. When the doorbell finally rang Justus started hopping around the room shouting, "Our customers are here!! Our customers are here!!"
It was approved in the Men's Meeting this morning that Jeremy can have a secretary - me - on a volunteer basis. Hm. So, that means that very little will change in our life except that the children and I will spend more hours per week at the building doing things that I usually do here at home. I will do a mite more work to lighten my husband's load, so that he can do more work at home and lighten my load!! :) ?? Okay! Sounds good.
This evening we hosted a work night in which we stuffed the folders for the seminar. Ordered pizza for supper (which is why I was able to be at the building late into the afternoon), and then got to work. It was called the FFF: Folder Fiesta at the Foldings'. After the folders were stuffed we made some decisions regarding some remaining loose ends about the seminar. "Final Planning Meeting". Here are pictures.
Your house pictures of the day are of the living room. Here is the view as you exit the entryway by taking a gentle left turn. (kitchen counter on the right - where we keep the downstairs phone)
This picture looks down the hall back toward the entryway (which is at the end of that hall, and to the right). You are looking straight at the garage door. The door on the left in this picture is the hall/coat closet, which is Elaine's closet in our home. The door on the left, close to the garage door, is the downstairs half-bath. Kitchen counter there on the left.




1 comment:
This isn't the first time I've read this post, but it is the first comment I am making. The quilt looks like it got hung. That is nice. The results of the meeting sound lame to me. Sorry. Oh, yes. You have permission to help out your husband for free. Brother. Anyway, I admire your attitude. Keep it up! Love.
Post a Comment