Without typing and uploading details, please definitely be praying for Jeremy. Today was tough. One of our 2 Mr. Negatives turned into 1 Mr. Ugly today for a moment; thankfully he seems to have snapped back out of it, but it was tough to take.
It was good to have back with us this morning a number of people who had been gone a while.
After Jeremy's lesson this evening he asked the church to pray for him and me at this discouraging time, even requesting that David Riecke say a prayer for us, specifically, before the closing song. Boy, it only takes a two-second show of pain for the love to be layered on - thick. A number of guys - and ladies - spoke to us extremely lovingly this evening and Jeremy is feeling human again. [Details upon reqeust.]
I did laundry and napped this afternoon. Jeremy, so upset, ate nothing all day until tonight. He and I have both had 'intestinal issues' the past two days; we know not yet the cause (could be something we ate, could be stress).
This evening while Jeremy and the children watched a new Godzilla movie, I prepped food for the Labor Day "All-Church Family Picnic" that Palo Verde is hosting at their church camp, Camp Christian Echoes, tomorrow. IF we are well enough to go we will take Deviled Eggs and Chicken Salad Sandwiches. If we aren't well enough to go we will eat all of the Deviled Eggs and Chicken Salad Sandwiches. Hm.
I had the most pleasant Deviled Egg-making experience of my life. [Details upon request; warning: it involves a Pampered Chef product I've not used enough!]
House pictures. Last day. THE KITCHEN.
The only thing I can think of to say for this picture is that the Spider Plant (or Airplane Plant) up top is Leota's; I'm plant-sitting while she's in MT this summer. She let us take clippings, so we have a couple 'babies' growing now.
This is the counter where I'm finding I do most of the cooking. The counter space to the left of the stove is cramped, dark, and too far from the sink. I do *some* cooking there, but not most. Stay posted regarding a new paper towel holder that Wayne England (84-year-old widower in our congregation), today, offered to hand-make for me! :) :)
Really, the bar stools could stand to be a little taller. ;) lol That is Leota's Christmas Cactus I'm plant-sitting for her. Actually, I think this is the month I'm supposed to find a dark corner for it - somewhere - so that it'll think it's spring when she brings it out in December.... Need I explain how vital that fan is to my existence? Well, maybe not to my existence, but at least to my pleasantness.
I hope you enjoyed the tour of our house.




1 comment:
First, I'm sorry and sad about the discouragement, BUT am sure you are handling it with grace. Gulp. Second, the quilt looks GREAT there. Makes me almost with I hadn't given it to you! YES, if I can find scraps from that quilt I will send them as soon as I can! IF I don't have any (I don't think I do) I am tempted to go back to that store with the hope that they still have that fabric so I can BUY some. That suggestion is THAT good. THANK you for the house tour very much. This has been a very long comment.
Post a Comment