Last year the Saints were in the Superbowl and Jeremy gave Justus a fleur-de-lis hair cut. This year the Gordons' team, the Packers, were in the Superbowl and Brandon took up Jeremy on his offer to give Brandon a celebratory haircut for the event!
We've had quite a few nice days, tho' no one would consider it quite spring yet. :) One day the kiddos used the back deck chairs (from Freecycle last fall, remember?) to make space ships.
Okay. I thought you'd like to see these x-rays Elaine's dr. gave her upon release!! This is a cross-section, of course. So, you can see her teeth on the left, and straight across from it on the left, the skull, headed up off the upper-right of the pic. The esophagus/trachea is black down the middle. The picture shows the left and the right of all 7 cervical vertebra. The tiny C1 are the two little bones at the top of the spine. The C2 is the hefty one that has the big thumb, the "dens" tat the front, over which the C1 slips. The dens of the C2 holds C1 in place. In this first picture you can see a dark, horizontal line right where the dens starts to go up through the C1. That horizontal line isn't supposed to be there at.all, and yet that's all the healing Elaine saw in her break after three months in the halo. :'(The follow-up x-ray, below, is blown up a bit, so only C1-C4 are shown completely, tho' the small back portions of C5 & C6 can be seen on the right.... The point is, LOOK AT THAT GORGEOUS DENS!! All solid, healed, bone! Whoop!
Here are three pictures of my latest knitting project.
Same scarf. I just wanted to take a picture that would show the design of the holes, 'cause I think that's the coolest part! haha!
This pretty drift is the sidewalk to our front door! :)
Justus took this picture of us one day!





3 comments:
Looks like life is fun and busy as usual! I love the scarf! I knew Jeremy could buzz hair, but I didn't know he could also trim long hair - he's a man of many talents. PLUS, he won Wii bowling!
Your kids are so creative. :)
Praise God for Elaine's healing! Thanks for showing the X-rays.
I am so spacey and didn't realize before that the second scarf photo was of the same scarf... and I am certain you told me. Could I have that pattern? I won't get to use it for several months, but I like it. Great job!
Your hair is beautiful! I like the way it curls.
You are so funny! How did the garage project turn out? I did not know Brandon had a turn with a team appropriate haircut! The space ships were amazing and we are THANKFUL to GOD about Elaine!! WOW! You sure look nice in the picture Justus took!
Post a Comment