The church had its annual "All-Church Birthday Party", a fun evening of fellowship and games. Here are some pictures.
Pumpkin Cheesecake, by Lyndsay.
Justus is giving a thumbs up because he got to choose the cake for his birthday month! Pound cake with strawberries, raspberries, & whipped cream.
This is the cake I made. It was my first time making this particular cake. I learned a lot, and will try it again ...someday.
Here it is at home. Of course I took this picture at the angle from which the cake looks most crooked.... :P
Amy is starting up a baking business; she actually brought two cakes for the April folks!! She made this one with Jeremy, Mr. Bacon Lover, in mind. It's a yellow cake with a maple frosting, with crisp-fried bacon sprinkled over the top. Breakfast cake! It was surprisingly good!
Lyndsay and Taylor.
At the April birthday table. Kaden, Amy, Anne, and Jeremy

Darin made a cake in the shape of a groundhog coming out of the dirt!
Dirt cake #1. (Morts')
Dirt Cake #2. (Gordons')
More April birthdays. Danielle w/ baby Zoey, Ross, Brandon.
Jeremy, Justus, and Brandon volunteered to make a cake. They decided to do a cupcake-cake, in the shape of an alligator. First, a picture at home.
Presentation at the June table.
Oh, another picture at home, ha. (As you can tell I'm not taking the time to rearrange these pics....)

And then, Tammy's cakes. Yes, we have two professional bakers in our congregation. Sheesh. And, yes, they both made two cakes for the month for which they were baking. Tammy baked a white cake with vanilla frosting and a chocolate cake with coffee frosting - including chocolate-covered coffee beans on top. :) Both were experiments ... successful ones. ;)

And then, Tammy's cakes. Yes, we have two professional bakers in our congregation. Sheesh. And, yes, they both made two cakes for the month for which they were baking. Tammy baked a white cake with vanilla frosting and a chocolate cake with coffee frosting - including chocolate-covered coffee beans on top. :) Both were experiments ... successful ones. ;)
I know, I know ... I ought to take more pictures of people.... I didn't get it done this time.





3 comments:
This is very interesting to me for some reason. Yes, I usually enjoy pictures of people, but there were people in most of these pictures and it was fun to see the cake ideas.
Looks like fun! Good job on your cake - the frosting looks so smooth!
Tasty! Fun!
The lizard/alligator cake is so creative!
I kinda like the crooked fashion of your cake. It looks like it was intentional and would be fun on the Mad Hatter's table in Wonderland. That is a compliment! Good job. :)
Post a Comment