Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Popcorn & Knitting

When I post pictures of our decorated tree you'll see why it was particularly appropriate to string popcorn for it this year. We might wait, however, 'til both kids are teenagers before we attempt this again. It was more difficult for them than I thought it would be. But, we conquered ... sort-of.



[In this picture I should point out the art work on the fridge. Those same little magnet triangles. You see a king and queen there, right? But of most significance to me is the dragon, which, it was explained to me, is coming toward us. His hind end gets smaller and higher up the farther back it goes, you see...? Girlie's practicing perspective. In magnets on the fridge. *blink* Okaaaay!]

My sister knitted these precious mittens for Justus. I neglected to take a picture in a timely manner; this shot should have gone in with the segment in which Natasha was modeling for the camera the gorgeous scarf Sydni made for her!

And, here are the requested pictures of Jeremy's new hat. A couple views. First, upright on my hand, second, lying on the bed.






[Wow, it's amazing how simple it is to post a blog when one uses the 'COMPOSE' option instead of the 'Html' option. *sigh* To THINK how much time and energy I wasted these last 3-4 YEARRRRS that I've been composing in the 'Html' view not realizing until a few days ago the difference between it and 'Compose'. Oh, man.... ~~ And, I can barely believe I am admitting this in front of the whole world, yet maybe if I tell y'all that's what's been going on you can understand my dedication to communicating wit h you! There's also the possibility I could save some poor soul the frustration I've experienced. Wwwow. (eye roll) *sigh* lol]

post signature

2 comments:

Sydni said...

Thanks for the hat pictures. They help give a better idea.

So.. have the mittens been found, or that was an old picture from before they got lost?

Thanks for the warning on stringing popcorn for the tree.

Congratulations on using Blogger correctly now! ... I guess, congratulations. Now maybe you'll post more often since it shouldn't take hours to do a post. Niiiiice.

Nicoll said...

I am excited to see the popcorn-appropriate tree. :)