Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The Three Events...

As you'll recall from previous post, we prepped the house for three sets of company in three days, the final set staying the week of Christmas. So, first set was Natasha's birthday celebration on a Saturday afternoon, for lunch. Various pictures. :)











Here is a picture of the "Boy's Table"! All of the siblings were invited, but only two got to attend, Lauren's little brothers. Justus and Jeremy were thankful for their presence, along with their dad's (He was present for part of the party.).




We had let Natasha open her birthday gifts from family on the Wednesday before her party, and the Morts got to watch her open gifts.... :) Here are a few pictures shot that evening.





FINALLY she got that Nerf sword she'd wanted, so she and Justus could battle; unfortunately they are outside toys, so they will not be played with much 'til oh, you know, March. *sigh* Meanwhile, they pose with them....




The Sunday evening after Natasha's Saturday party) we hosted Teen Time for the church kids. We had sub sandwiches for supper, including my concoction imitating Pickle Barrel ... WHICH, I'M PROUD TO SAY, THE NEXT DAY SCOTT WAS ABLE TO IDENTIFY IN A CLOSED-EYE SNIFF TEST!! ;) Every month the family that hosts gets to choose what kind of activity they want to do; we chose a $5 gift exchange, so here is a picture of Jeremy explaining the rules, and then, below, a picture of some of the kids who were here.







These pictures were taken the first few days Scott & Amanda and family were here.

Jeremy relaxing holding Trey while Scott & Amanda unpacked. :) Trey is THE.EASIEST.BABY I've ever had anything to do with. Most times when I'm around a baby, especially if I have to hold it or provide any of its care, I have a knot in my stomach 'cause I just know the babe's gonna cry & hate me. Not this little man! WOW, he was laid.back. As this picture proves ... 'cause literally he'd been in our house about 40 minutes when I took this picture. [True, he was probably super-thankful to be out of that car seat! ;) ]



Since they arrived on the evening of Mom's birthday we arranged for Mom and Dad to be at Sydni's so we could Skype and they could have all their grandchildren kinda 'together'.... It was cuh-RAZY!!!! For one thing, it was the first Skype experience for more than half the people, so it was a little ... 'disjointed' might be a nice way to explain it. Sydni and I both were taking a picture not knowing the other was. :) Funny. Not surprising. lol Her picture is waaaaay better than this attempt, but she had waaaay fewer people's heads to try to shoot around (in my own defense!). That is a smidge of Scott's face there at the bottom right corner.



Here are the snowmen the children built; they are still standing proud three weeks later!



We didn't watch TV the week they were here; the family room doubles as our guest room, remember? But there were quite a few hours when various pairs of people enjoyed some video games on the computer....



This is super nostalgic for me ... the pile of cousins' boots, coats, snow pants, gloves, hats, & scarves; it reminds me of so many wintertime family get togethers during my childhood. Thanksgiving, Christmas, Day after Christmas, and January birthdays ... every year without fail. :)



I have many, many more pictures to post of Sc&Am's visit. Next post.... :)


You may consider this a favor ... or not.

Edible Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
This recipe is definitely not designed to be baked.


1/2 cup butter -- softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
Cream in a large bowl.

1/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
Add to butter mixture; combine well.

1 1/4 cups flour
¾ c. whole wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 t. salt
Add; combine ‘til mixed.

1 c. semisweet chocolate chips
1 c. chopped nuts (opt.)
Stir in by hand.
Store remainder in refrigerator or freeze in blobs for a fun treat later.



post signature

9 comments:

Sydni said...

Are you serious? Is that all you're going to put on as far as pictures of the Frees? There isn't even a picture of Amanda... oh, well, I should just be happy that you got what you got ont here?

Would you be willing to tell me the names of the girls at the party? I think I figured a couple out on my own.

That recipe. Oh, no! Where did that come from?

JeremyNSunny said...

Do you even READ my blog??

"I have many, many more pictures to post of Sc&Am's visit. Next post.... :)"

I declare...!!

I would be happy to help you with the names of the girls, off-line. :)

No clue where the recipe came from, sorry. I've been 'managing' my recipe collection lately.

Summer said...

Looks like you guys had FUN over the holidays! I'm excited to try that recipe. Can you bake them or will they turn out weird? (Even though I love the dough, sometimes I just want a hot cookie with milk, too. Ya know?)

JeremyNSunny said...

You can NOT bake the recipe of cookie dough; with no egg in it, you will NOT have cookies at the end. This is cookie dough for eating plain, or working into brownie batter, ice cream, or whatever else you might want to do with it. :)

Unknown said...

so great to read what you've all been up to lately, sunny! great pics and how nice that your fam could visit. can't wait to try that cookie dough! (ps loved the "funnies"!)

Jole Dawn said...

So glad you had family for Christmas! I worry about all of you over there. :(

JeremyNSunny said...

Jole, what do you mean you worry about all of us over here?

Amanda said...

Oh! Can't wait to try that recipe for cookie dough! I LOVE to eat cookie dough and this one sounds like a real treat!

Question about it....can I just use all regular flour instead of part regular and part whole wheat? We don't use whole wheat (!!) and so I don't have any.

JeremyNSunny said...

Hey Amanda, I like it waaaaaay better with some whole wheat in it. It gives it a richer, 'earthier' flavor along with a pleasant texture I like and my family doesn't mind. ;) However, of COURSE, you can use all-purpose flour for the entire amount! It is "all-purpose flour", after all! - just being a snot here! lol