Monday, September 21, 2009

Vacation Pictures - We got to shoot!

The day before we went shooting in Montana Jeremy and Justus cleaned guns.



Here are Dad and family friend, Ken (He offered his place for our shooting adventure.) shooting skeet.



Clint and Jeremy shooting skeet. (Two are prepped to shoot; if the first person misses, the second one 'shoots clean-up' and tries to shoot the clay pigeon/clay bird before it falls to the ground.)



Sydni, Willa (Ken's wife), Sayler, and Clint



Sydni shooting. She did NOT like skeet shooting. She does better with a stationary target, she says. I say she just needs more practice. ;) I think she did like shooting Jeremy's pistol, tho'.



When it was time to return the hay bales to the field, Ken offered Justus and Natasha a ride. First, the bales were loaded onto the trailer.








As always, we sang together while we were in MT. Natasha is working on her alto skills, so I suggested she sit for a while between two of the best altos I know! :)




I wish there had been room on my camera card to log many more pictures like this one.... There were sssso many precious moments.... In this picture, they were 'howling like wolves'. ??!?! lol



Why N & J haven't previously discovered Mom and Dad's old Discovery Toys 'Gears Go Round' set I do not know, but they sure enjoyed it this vacation! :)




Here are a couple pictures from after we got home. This is a set of Lego Bionicle dudes, an 'army', each designed, built, named, a photographed by Justus....



Remember how I said after John and Chrystal's wedding Sherri had the floral company deliver all the flowers to the building to use for decor and send home with anyone who wanted one? This is the one that came home with us. They all had some really high, almost 'curly' sticks coming out the top, but Tammy took those for a project she was working on. :)



We are reading The Adventures of Tom Sawyer as a family. It is great fun; the children are really enjoying it. N brought me this pencil sketch she drew of Aunt Polly when she was sad about Tom's 'sickness' before she figured out he was pulling her leg.



A closer view. Natasha often draws in pen, and never erases.






post signature

2 comments:

Sydni said...

The wolf howling picture melts my heart.

Thanks again for the shooting day - arranging and providing everything, cleaning it all up, the ammo, etc.! That was a good experience and I DID like shooting the pistol.

Drawing in pen is something I would NEVER consider for one second. Actually, drawing is something I would never consider period, but that's beside the point.

Amanda said...

Tell Sydni that I am MUUUUCH better at shooting a pistol than a bigger gun (so far!). And shooting a still target is (of course) much easier to hit. Moving target? Bleh. No thanks. LOL