Tuesday, September 15, 2009

"Bloggables" I've been saving...

Our funnies are so few and far between, the more these children master the language. So it's not so much language funnies, just things that strike me as funny that I have to share of late.

This might be a little TMI, but for the sake of this story, and because this 'TMI' information might be helpful to a reader someday...? ... ... ... After a wet-the-bed accident recently I started waking Justus at 2am for a toilet visit. (I do this, then, for a couple weeks, then stop, and the wetting-the-bed doesn't happen for another long time, six months or more. I wonder if, during a wet-the-bed period, he's just sleeping especially deeply because of a growth spurt or something. Then once it passes he doesn't sleep so hard and is able to get himself up for his mid-night bathroom stop.... ??) At any rate, sleeeeeepy Justy dragged himself/waddled into the bathroom and got the light turned on very dimly, which he likes. As I closed the door he squinted up at me and said, "Will you please tell me who invented the toilet?" I couldn't believe what I'd heard, and asked him to repeat it. Which he did. I said, "Justy, I have no idea who invented the toilet, and you ask me at 2am?? We'll Google it in the morning, you crazy boy!" He said, "Okay. I just want to know." [And thus goes the story of the DIFFERENCES between our children. Natasha, like her mother, says precious few words -- thinks precious few thoughts -- in waking moments. Justus, like his father, could conquer the world within SECONDS of awaking, no matter the tine.] Verdict: No one person invented the toilet. At least four men over 300-400 years played key roles in the development of the modern toilet. So, now you know, for when the question is posed to YOU at 2am by a 7-year-old!!!!!

When N got home from camp she had a mild cold that got worse the next few days. [Grandview church folks call it 'The Camp Crud'. :)] I said, "I don't know what bug it is you caught that has you feeling so bad." She said, "Well, I think this might be the Home-Sickness."

Natasha asked, "Mom, where did you get this trivet?" I answered, "It was a wedding gift!" She said, "Wow, it certainly has held up over the years." [Am I the only one who thinks that's funny?]

I like this: "You know that noise your heart makes when you work out? It's called applause." (an American Heart Association ad)



post signature

1 comment:

Sydni said...

Oh! Funny! I also just noticed that you possibly updated your blog slideshow?!