Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Double Blessings Last Week!

Oooooooh, there's a(nother) new baby in our family!!!!! :) Scott & Amanda's third son arrived last week. Trey and his mama are both doing great, and reports are that the rest of the boys in the family are also healthy and happy! The little one is CU-UUUTE! :) His birth is another family event I hate missing out on.... The distance between us Foldings and our extended family is to me a heartache I endure willingly -- for a long list of reasons -- but it's still a heartache.

The second blessing is that although Dad was pushing snow only a few blocks from a huge, terrible, and fatal natural gas explosion that happened in downtown Bozeman a few days ago, he was uninvolved. THAT, however, is too close for comfort.

I have been sick again. More of what I think I'll start calling "Midwest Gunk". Doctors are saying that lots of people who have come down with these cold viruses this winter are sick for a month or more. So far that's not been us, but I do seem to have passed it on. Natasha and Justus are both coughing now. Jeremy has been spared this one, so far.

The weather is warming up. It is still cool, but there are definitely signs that spring is coming.

Things have been difficult in the past few weeks, ministry-wise. I'll not detail it in this forum, but some good friends of ours are struggling through a massive problem. It demanded so much time and expended energy those first few days, about three weeks ago, that I'm convinced that's at least a large part of why my immune system was down when I caught this cold bug/flu. (I did have a fever over 100 for about 24 hrs.) At this point we have every reason to believe that they, our friends, are on the mend.

Natasha lost her first molar. The Tooth Fairy is about to go broke in this house!! :) [Natasha figured out a long time ago that the Tooth Fairy doesn't really exist, so in order to continue the fun of the game, Jeremy has the children call her "The Fairy Tooth Mother".]

I don't have anything else of particular interest to report; things are just humming along. :)

In a Sunday's morning lesson a while ago Jeremy asked this RHETORICAL question: "When you were a kid, did any of you ever do something that was just.not.smart?" Natasha said into my ear, "Yes, Justus has!"

Here are some pictures.


This one of Justus was taken immediately after the photo op with him and Natasha and Jabba, at Christmastime. Justus asked me to help him practice keeping his eyes open during a picture; We have to re-take many pictures because his eyes are so sensitive to the flash.



Here are a couple pictures of the construction project going on at the church building. Of course, these pictures are now about a month old! lol



I took this picture when Travis was in town visiting us - the same day as the building construction pictures.






It is a mystery to us, still, who took the following two pictures; we think it might have been Katie, shooting pictures of Jeremy and her mom and dad.





The following picture CRACKS JEREMY AND ME UP!!!! Travis kindly agreed to shoot a picture of us before Sunday evening service the weekend he was here. I figured I'd stand on the step up, and maybe I wouldn't look at short as I usually do in pictures with my husband. Go figure: somehow, it seems to us, it made me look even SHORTER! LOL! This picture is also what made me decide to keep bangs. I just do not like how I look without bangs. What to do.... OH! And, it needs to be said that the vest in this picture is my Christmas gift from Mom and Dad!! :) Lands' End Overstocks!! My FAVE-FAVE-FAVE!



Natasha made a joker hat at the library's craft hour.








post signature

6 comments:

Summer said...

Sorry to hear about all the sickness. Thank goodness your Dad is OK! I really like the joker hat - very nice work! And, why does that picture make you want bangs? I think you look nice. Although, I see what you mean about looking shorter. It's like being on the step, but still being right near his shoulder emphasizes the size difference or something. Funny.

Sydni said...

How exciting that you did a post! I like that picture of you and Jeremy a lot, maybe because it makes me laugh every time. That vest is GREAT!

Natasha did a great job on that joker hat.

Thanks for all the pictures. I'm glad that Natasha can be a girl cousin for S & H. Maybe they'll get more girl cousins on the Phillips side.

Loree said...

I didn't know your dad was shoveling snow on that Thursday. That day was a blessing in disguise as to how the events took place. So sad, tho!

That vest ... my kids have the same style - Christmas from Gramma. Too funny!

Love J's pictures

What is the construction on the building going to be?

Laurel said...

Good to hear an update. Congrats to Scott. Blessings to all of the coughers. Love to all. May there be flowers in your near future. happy spring!

Amanda said...

Okay, that picture of you two is hilarious! What happened there is a couple of things. One, by YOU stepping up on the sidewalk and Jeremy staying down, you pushed yourself in the background and him into the foreground, making him look bigger/taller and you look smaller/shorter. Also, with you wearing mostly white and him in a TALL black coat, this will add the illusion of height to him...which, obviously isn't needed normally, but is especially not needed if you're standing on a step beside him! LOL

Still...a good pic. I and like you without bangs. Like you with em. Either way you look great! :)

Jole Dawn said...

I'm so glad your dad is all right. :( My heart stopped when I read that (well, not literally--you know what I mean). I really like that pic of you and Jeremy....it HILARIOUS!!