Jeremy pulled Justus's second loose tooth! Thank goodness, too, because that first permanent tooth that's coming in is at an almost 90-degree angle to how it's supposed to be! eek!! (Note to self!! Make a dentist appointment for BOTH children!!! Thankful, we are, to be covered by Iowa's health care program for children!) I also need to make an appointment to get Natasha's eyes checked.... When she reads for an extended period she often gets a headache.
We took the children sledding today in the park across the street. There is a really, really great sledding hill there. I told Jeremy while we were there that I think 75-100 people could easily sled, safely, at that location! That was the first time we'd actually made it over there, but we will be going back often!!! Today we had the hill to ourselves. It was awesome; yes, I did go down, but only once. :) Then, while we were at HyVee on an 'incidentals' trip we learned that it was $1 Spaghetti night. So we brought home 4 plates of Spaghetti and I didn't have to cook. I decided I wish they'd do that every week, so Jeremy could take advantage of it whenever he wants and maybe, just maybe, I'd never have to make Spaghetti again. (Spaghetti I don't adore; it is Jeremy's favorite.)
For Movie Night tonight we watched "The Express" which was really, really good. Sounds like a train movie, but it's a football movie set in the late '50s, early '60s. It's a true story based on the life of Ernie Davis, the first black recipient of the Heisman trophy.
Things around here have been very, very 'routine' lately. Maybe I should mix it up a little, so I'd have something to post about!! :) It's a difficult work week for Jeremy because, due to circumstances beyond control, he lost two office days (out of four) to "church- / service-related" events. Oh, and ... of course he's sick with a(nother) sinus infection this week, on top of it. My poor husband.... He suffers with probably 4-6 sinus infections per year, and they don't last fewer than two weeks. :(
In the last Jeremy and I are both making more diligent efforts than ever about managing our respective parts of our monthly budget. It's a blessing in every way. ... and an interesting journey....
Still no pictures. Maybe next post.
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Well, THAT was quick!
Posted by
JeremyNSunny
at
11:59 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
How nice! The sledding hill, $1 Spaghetti night, working together on the budget.
That N might need glasses, that J has a seriously crooked tooth, and that Jeremy is sick again aren't the best things, but not the worst ever!
Thanks for the update even if you don't think you had much to say. It's good to know you are plugging along just fine.
Hmmm, sounds like Jeremy could use the 'roto-rooter' treatment! LOL I had to have sinus surgery a few years ago cuz I was getting many a year and the 'lining' was too thick. So they went in and scraped it clean. (Yeah, I know, sounds gross...but it works!) Terry called it the 'roto-rooter' treatment. :)
I think our children are clones. You know the tooth I mentioned of Tif's being the same loose tooth Justus had? She ALSO had the second tooth growing in at a a 90-degree angle! That is the WEIRDEST thing!! We called a dentist about it, b/c taking T to the dentist would be a nightmare to end ALL nightmares! We would have to have her sedated b/c she is terrified of anything like that...even getting her hair cut. I think it all stems from when she was in the ICU when she was a year old. Remember that? :( I am sorry you don't care for spaghetti....I always knew you were an odd duck. :)
Post a Comment