A little background. This recipe has been in my box for ... eight years. I've had it since Oceanside days and have never cooked it. I think for me it was serving more as a sentimental reminder of a precious loved one, C. Thomas, than anything else. Which is DUMB because ... why not have the sentimental reminder AND a little more variety in quick/easy breakfasts ... especially when it's a HEALTHFUL OPTION!! We had these with homemade maple syrup (There went all healthfulness out the window!), but I included the suggestion for cinnamon because with that ingredient in there I'd be perfectly happy to go sans syrup and butter!!!!! Moist and nicely-textured, these made a great breakfast for us today.
Oatmeal Pancakes
1/4 c. milk
1 c. oats
Combine in a bowl and let stand at least 5 minutes.
1 T oil
2 eggs, beaten
Add and mix well.
1/2 c. whole wheat flour
1 T brown sugar
1 t. baking powder
1/4 t. salt
cinnamon to taste (opt.)
Stir in just 'til dry ingredients are moist.
Use 1/4 c. batter for each pancake.
Cook on lightly sprayed 350-degree griddle/frying pan, turning once.
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Oatmeal Pancakes Recipe
Posted by
JeremyNSunny
at
4:50 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Yum, those sound great! Maybe I'll make them tomorrow.
I can't wait to try these!
I made these this morning for breakfast and they were tasty! However, I'm wondering if some liquid is missing from the recipe. When I'd put all the ingredients in I had more of a dough than a batter. (I checked and double checked to make sure I'd copied it and made it correctly.) I had to add some milk to get it to where I could actually stir it. But, the taste was great! Thanks!
Post a Comment