Friday, November 21, 2008

Is Winter Coming?

The first light snowfall...






The children play outside in their coats, hats, gloves, scarves, and boots, seemingly just BEGGING the sky to release some snow that will stick! Snow-starved kiddies....


We're well. The biggest news around here is that Elaine gets to go to TX for Thanksgiving. The last few weeks have been so very routine they leave me with little to blog about or even take pictures of! ?! No one is sick, all cars are working well, gorgeous birds of a wide array are eating at the birdfeeder, school is coming along just fine (Our kids' favorite thing is math worksheets. ??! WHAT is the explanation for that??!), I'm in the process of possibly making some minor changes in my method of meal planning, and I'm set to do some cooking early next week for a shared Thanksgiving meal. <> Maybe I'll post that recipe, too ... and try to get it right the first time!!

Ummmm, Justus cut his hand really mildly while emptying the dishwasher the other day, just wanted to see what the cheese knife would do to his hand. He probably won't be doing that again any time soon. Adjustments in Bible studies have me personally involved in three weekly Bible studies; it's a little much, but because of their timing and flexibility, not overwhelming just yet. Natasha did the 'shopping' part of the grocery shopping task for this week (with close supervision, of course); she pre-read the list, pushed the cart while I followed, and picked up the items. :) "Life skills". One thing we haven't done much of the past couple weeks is basic house cleaning! So that's one thing we'll spend some time doing in the next day or two. And ... it's chilly! Low of 11 tonight. We stay warm. :)




post signature

3 comments:

Summer said...

Such picturesque shots of your house. I'm glad to hear everything is running along smoothly. Sorry to hear about Justus's hand. Corey cut his foot last night on a shard of what looks like potter. It was on the kitchen floor. We have no idea where it came from. How much time do you spend on "school" stuff each day? Do you have a list of what they need to get done or do you let them choose what they want to do? I need to be more organized about having my kids do chores. They're perfectly capable. . .

Jole Dawn said...

A light dusting of snow, huh? Hmmm.....must be invisible snow in your neck of the woods cuz I didn't see any snow in that pic! :) LOL

Amanda said...

Yes, I completely understand about the lack of housecleaning in recent weeks! WOW....it's been bad! LOL Hopefully, I'll get a handle on things in the next two weeks, but we'll see...cuz I'm painting and rearranging the living room getting ready for Christmas! Woohoo! :)