We walked on a shady trail called Miller Nature Walk. We took pictures of Grandma next to the sign because Miller is her first last name.
There were lots and lots of acorns on the ground. We saw a raccoon track, we think, but we saw only one foot print.
At the next farm, the 1900 farm, there were horses inside the barn. Two of them were white with freckles, and I liked them.
There were very smelly hogs,
and there was a beautiful carriage parked in stable. It was pure black with leather seats. It was covered, and the roof had tassels. [Wanna hear something sad?? I took two pictures of this sight. This shot was the *least* blurry of the two!!]
The chicken coop was full of chickens and one BIG TURKEY. In front of the house there, Justus pretended to mow the lawn with an old, manual lawn mower.
Inside the house people were having lunch. They were dressed not like we dress, because their costumes are from history.
In the parlor Justus played the squeaky pump organ. While he was doing that, I laid down on the chaise lounge. I pretended to be asleep. In the main bedroom there was a trundle bed.
Outside, there was a small vineyard and there was a cat sleeping in its shade. The cat is white and black and brown.
The last animals we saw on the farm were sheep. We thought all of them were males, and one was very old. They were just past the orchard.
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
Living History Farms, Part 2 (of 3)
Posted by
JeremyNSunny
at
12:25 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Those farms look like such fun places to visit. I think it's especially great that you're allowed to touch some of the stuff and go in the houses. You know how some places have the doors roped off and you have to just stand there and look in? This sounds so much more interesting!
How cute to take Elaine's picture next to the "Miller.." sign. Who is she standing next to in the second picture?
The hogs even LOOKED like they stunk.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE that pic of Justus with the stream behind him! That is a beautiful picture! Great photography!
Post a Comment