Friday, October 24, 2008

Final Chewie Pictures, plus

In the weeks since I have posted an update, our biggest life change was that Chewie (a-hem) went away. We mustered up the courage to do what turned out to be best for all parties, which was to take him in.... He was too much to feed, too much to train, too much to walk, needed too much medical care, and was a hazard around here because when he made an unexpected move he often nearly knocked over a certain less-stable member of our family, whom we do NOT need falling down. Of course I cried. However, I was equally relieved, needless to say, as sad ... which I take to confirm it was the right decision. Natasha went with me. She, too, was sad. However, as far as I know she didn't actually shed any tears. Here are his final four pictures (sniff, sniff), taken before the decision to take him in was communicated to the children.









Jeremy and Justus greatly enjoyed the Men & Boys' Campout a couple weekends ago. Perfect weather, outstanding company, uplifting discussion and devotion, fresh air, quiet, and ... well, not necessarily a great night's sleep (late night, unfamiliar surroundings, others' snoring). Remember shortly after we moved here that there was the tragic death of a young man, a recent high school graduate? Well, in honor of this year's Men & Boy's Campout, which he and his dad always enjoyed, his mom, Judy, gifted their tent to Jeremy and Justus/our family!! Her son was as tall as or taller than Jeremy, and this tent was originally gifted to him a year ago, so he could have a tent in which he could stand up. Sadly, he got to use it only once or twice. Happily, because of Judy's choce to 're-gift' the tent to us, it is going to continue to be used and appreciated!!! She also gave us two air mattresses, a single size and a queen size, the latter of which was a TOTAL blessing, timing-wise because Mom and Dad were able to sleep comfortably (they said) on it while they were here!!!! Earlier, on the day of the campout, Jeremy, at Judy's request, put the tent up before taking it out of town, to make sure all the parts & pieces were there. It is the nicest tent that's ever been in my life, and that's really saying something because our tent when we were growing up was awesome!



N was helping/observing in her new boots (her 'dress shoes' for this season! ha), so I shot her, too.



The same night as the campout there was a Ladies' and Girls' Sleepover at Missy's house. VERY.FUN. One of Missy's cats is this black beauty ... which we later learned isn't really supposed to be picked up (stomach issues). -oops- Sorry Missy!



Taylor was so cute sitting on the hearth!



JoAnn & Karen enjoyed some quiet conversation.



This was the first night we saw Kim's new haircut!! Her hair used to go all the way down her back! [Ooh, ooh! Kim's husband, Jake, was baptized on Wednesday evening!! And ... (sigh) ... it is her grandpa's funeral Jeremy officiated this morning. It was a rainy, graveside service of dark, warm clothes and 30 huge golf umbrellas, just for a visual. All five of us attended, which I think was particularly nice for Jake & Kim's girls, especially Lexie who is exactly the same age as N, within 14 days. It was good to be together for a few hours afterward as well.]



We played games.



Erin had just finished a color guard performance!



Amy, Megan, & Erin. (Megan & Erin are sisters. Amy, again, is N & J's piano teacher.)



The girls played a Kids' Pictionary game!



I had the camera at piano lessons last week!



Ohman. On this picture?? I didn't realize until I was editing the pictures how cuuuute I think this picture is, with Justus's Saints cap sitting neatly beside him on the bench!! (eye roll) He is SUCH a 'neat'-ster!



Donna was baking that day. WOW, she goes to town!






post signature

5 comments:

Sydni said...

GREAT PICTURES! That tent looks FABULOUS! I'm really glad that Justus and Jeremy had that special time together. You know I'm greatly relieved that Chewie is gone... and I really also enjoyed the pictures of the piano lessons. The pictures of the people help (little by little) get who and what is going on.

Summer said...

Thanks for the update and the pictures. When you say you "took Chewie in" does that mean just to the humane society so someone else could adopt him? Or did you have him "taken in" for good? Great tent, and snazzy boots! I am always admiring Justus's neatness and tidiness. Why, oh why, don't have a single one of those types in my household? Have a great Saturday!

Loree said...

I understand your feelings about Chewie. We were that way when Solomon died.

How about a blog about your parents visit?

Laurel said...

I am waiting for the photos of Grandma and Grandpa's visit too. Great fun with the girls and guys in their own time and space. I thought you guys didn't camp! So glad it turned out well. Great photos throughout, thanks for sharing :)

Laurel said...

Hey Sunny, I hope you check these comments again. I am tagging you. Check out my blog to see the rules. I can't wait to read the answers (patiently ;))