Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Wed., Aug. 6

I took this picture in an attempt to show how tall Chewie is; yes, that's the kitchen table.



Bedtime.



I called Mom today! Yay! I also made a little more progress on home organization. After I prepped a(nother) Crock-Pot recipe, we were able to get to the library today for crafts!! They made puzzles! They used cardboard and big, heavy paper cutter, markers & paints galore! :)



The library is becoming my new favorite place. Yesterday a phone call from the library informed me that I won $25 at HyVee (grocery store) in the Summer Reading Program adults' drawing! Then, today my two pleasant surprises were that a.) one of the ladies who has been very helpful to me on a number of occasions is a local homeschooling mom, and b.) they have a coupon box!! Organized in ziplock bags by month of expiration. >>HUH!!<< I was also to request three books through the inter-library loan ... making some more progress down the list of books we're trying to read 'most of'. Annnnnd, Natasha and I are going to read Little Women. I've never read it. Does that make me a bad person?? ;)

-------------

Remember the Jewelry-Making Shop from the VBS set? That was Elaine's craft shop, and here is a picture of me 'modeling' the jewelry they made. N gave me the one she made. :)) I guess it would have been nice if I'd had it centered on me! lol (sigh) Not a bad piece, eh?? I was impressed! ;) It makes me happy to use something one of the children made.




post signature

3 comments:

Summer said...

I like the necklace! I've been thinking about reading Little Women, too, although I haven't actually gotten around to it. Chewie is huge! P.S. I did the garlic thing. I do feel better this a.m. but not yet back to 100%. I can't tell if it's just normal getting better or if the garlic helped quite a bit. It wasn't too bad. I think I'll do it again tonight. The bulb wasn't very big - so I'll try a bigger one.

Sydni said...

That piece of jewelry is really nice! Congratulations on winning the $25 to the grocery store. That'd be fun!

Loree said...

What a great library! How fun for everyone.

Nice necklace. Neat that they chose beads, etc to make such a nice piece. Plus I was noticing how different you look with long hair and those stylish glasses! VERY NICE!