After work, Jeremy got the invisible fence set up today. So far we can afford the (shock) collar for only Chewie. Jabba comes more dependably, and doesn't scare anyone when he's exploring. Chewie has already had a number of training sessions (read: a few shocks) and he is responding far better than I expected. We are to train him about it [New command: "safe"] for fourteen days before we let him 'loose' in the invisible fence. This isn't our first chioce, but the one we expected (a real fence, duh) came with some unexpected glitches and we can't afford it along with everything else we are trying to accomplish financially.
N & J used the same stencils from yesterday and made a zillion new animals by mixing different parts of different animals. Let's just say ... God knew what he was doing when he made the animals the way they are. Additionally, we ended up with animals with railroad wheels for legs, etc. LOL
I shopped today at a grocery store I've never been in before, the only one in the area that has Mascarpone cheese (Italian cream cheese), which was an ingredient in our supper tonight - yum.
Sadly, the work Jeremy did outside this afternoon brought down on him a terrible allergy attack which ruined him for the rest of the day; he Benadryl'd himself and was in bed by 8:30. sad! The children and I finished clearing the garden as the fireflies came out. N caught another one; I'm really impressed that she shows so much patience at catching them!
Also, today I accidentally came across some pictures on the internal drive ... disk? ... of the camera. I'll post them below.
But first, two recipes I promised to post. They're dessert recipes (Just what we all need, eh...?), but absolutely wonderful for summertime. :)
Lemon Cookies
1 c. shortening/butter flavor Crisco
1 1/2 c. sugar
1 T. lemon extract
2 eggs
2 1/4 c. flour
1 t. baking soda
2 t. cream of tartar
Combine ingredients, drop by rounded t. onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 10-12 min. Let cool on pan 5 min. before moving to cooling rack. When cool, frost with frosting:
3/4 stick butter (6 T.), softened
1 lb. powdered sugar
juice of one lemon (or 1/4 c. lemon juice)
zest of one lemon (opt.)
Freeze the cookies not eaten on Day One; they freeze great.
Mandarin Orange Cake [Make 24 hrs. in advance; store in refrigerator.]
1 white cake mix
4 eggs
1 c. oil
1 lg. can mandarin oranges, undrained
Combine on low speed. Beat at medium speed for one minute. Bake at 350 'til done (maybe 35-40 min.?). When cool, frost with frosting:
1 sm. can crushed pineapple
1 sm. pkg. vanilla instant pudding
1-8 oz. or 12 oz. container Cool Whip
Combine pineapple and pudding. Fold in Cool Whip. Frost cake. Store in refrigerator 24 hours before serving.
The following pictures were taken by N of geography that interested her on our moving trip.
Tuesday, June 10, 2008
Tue., Jun. 10
Posted by
JeremyNSunny
at
11:35 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Oh, poor Jeremy!
Electric fence - great alternative for the time being.
Can't wait to try recipes!
Who are those other people in the pictures?
Niiiice geography.
Thanks for the recipes.
Clint works with a man who wrapped the shock collar around his dog's back end (near a very sensitive spot)... if anyone saw that though they might turn you in for cruelty to animals.
Sorry about Jeremy's allergy attack. That sounds awful.
Have really enjoyed the pictures and the time getting caught up on your 'adventures'! LOL
So glad you escaped those scary storms...we've had some rain, but nothing like what's going on up where you are. Stay safe!
Hello there! Thank you for your nice comment! This is a great way to keep updated with everyone! I have a story to share with you if we ever get to talk. Code words My Space! I remember you and code words and I now do the same! LOL Anyway, talk to you soon!
Love,
Jenny
Post a Comment