Wednesday, April 23, 2008

house??

http://www.lindawestergaard.com/my-listings.asp?listing_id=1095074375

Jeremy found "Our House" today. :) [I hope that link works; on the slideshow feel free to click the "STOP" button and the "More Images" button if you wish to take your time viewing all the pictures.] Of course, there are still a few bridges to cross before it is actually official. However, the owner, who gave Jeremy the tour, actually cancelled the rest of her 'shows' until she hears back from Jeremy with a yes or no. It's not "perfect", but it's unlikely that in our exact situation (all 400 facets of it) we will e-v-e-r find the 'perfect' house. :) In the areas that aren't ideal there are a number of options available for remodeling down the line.... The owners are hoping to arrange a rent-to-own deal. Things the pictures don't show: the other two upstairs bedrooms (the third 'bedroom' is serving as a formal dining room since it is directly off the smallish 'dine-in' kitchen; the flower beds at the front of the house; the third-largest oak tree in IA which is in the median of the street in front of the house, complete with picnic table beneath it; the shed out back; inside the three-season porch below the deck; the bedroom-size laundry room including cabinets, counters, and a shower; inside the two bathrooms; inside the walk-in storage closet off the family room in the basement. Will you please pray with/for us about this possibility?

Today Shirley took us to lunch at Coyote Pause, where Deb works (her daughter, our landlord/'s wife). We had a really lovely meal and then came back to the house to p-a-c-k. Donna met us here, and we got SO MUCH DONE!!! I feel like Sy felt with the help she got when they moved into their house -- how having friends help can feel a little strange, but 'with friends like these' ... it goes so smoothly! They would fill a box, but leave it open for my approval and labeling, and then tape it up. How perfect is that?? I'd prepped the kitchen last night for efficiency, and it PAID OFF, I do believe! There is very little packing left for me to do downstairs!!!

Aunt Jennifer gets kudos for the collection of costumes she gave N & J. They (the costumes) arrived in one of Elaine's suitcases and have been played with during every available moment of N's and J's time in the past 3o hours!! Spiderman, an Incredibles character, and a hodgepodge of capes and hats and gloves and shoes, all to go with the rest of each costume. WHAT FUN! Even Chewie has gotten in on it, pictures of which I'll post in a day or two.

post signature

4 comments:

Sydni said...

That house looks very nice. The internet is so handy with all the links and such, that we can just look right at it!

Anyway, I hope some day we can live in a house that is brick, or at least has lots of beautiful rockwork... it's a dream. Ha.

It sounds like you are making good progress with the packing work and I can only imagine how much fun N&J have had with the costumes! Wow - fun, fun times!

Loree said...

The house looks nice. I see where you could use some updating (the kitchen?) and some paint but it sounds like the floor plan will work out for your needs. The yard looks great! And lots of packing complete, you're almost there.

Jole Dawn said...

The house is very pretty....gorgeous yard. :) I think it will work a lot better than you think....especially if you give Elaine the downstairs bedroom/family room. I will pray that everything goes smoothly. Sounds like the owners are really trying to be helpful with this....the rent-to-own deal. That's great! So glad you have so many to help you with everything right now.

Summer said...

My comment is just an echo of the first two - the house looks nice, I like the little garden patch. If it all works out it'll be great to have your housing plans ironed out so quickly! And, way to go on the packing - such a huge job. Keep up the good work.