Friday, January 11, 2008

Wed. & Thu., Oct. 9 & 10

This is the day Natasha made her room into a 'liger' habitat. Beware!! lol


Today when Jeremy got home from work he had gotten the stuff to do the Mentos/Diet Coke experiment! OH MAN, it was a hit! lol Big fun. Just drop a packet of Mentos through a (paper) funnel into a 2L of Diet Coke. I'd never seen this done before, and could not have timed the camera to take the picture. I THOUGHT I was taking a picture of Jeremy carefully, laboriously dropping the Mentos into the 2L, but the reaction is so INSTANTANEOUS that I actually got this glorious shot of Jeremy in the moment of surprise, and even before gravity took over. 3/4 of the 2L of Coke shot into the sky in that second (Well, okay, it was actually Diet Rite.). CRAZY!!!!!

Jeremy was so happy; his latest Star Wars Lego purchase arrived today. That is "Anakin" he's holding. Needless to say, much time today was spent Legoing. [And, yes, he does wear this same burgundy sweatshirt as much as it seems like he wears it!! I told him I'll know when spring is here when I actually see him in some other piece of clothing!!!!! LOL Don't worry, he lets me wash it regularly. It's just ... it's a Carhart hoodie that is sssssssso comfortable he can't stand to be without it until it's about 74 degrees. :) ]

Here is N doing a load of laundry, something she doesn't yet have much experience with, but often offers to help me accomplish! So sweet.

OH-MAN, this is exciting. I placed a small, rather insignificant order for a Tupperware Party I didn't attend. I've never even *met* the hostess, my e-friend Amanda who is part of the Church of Christ Homeschoolers' Yahoo Group. Well, my order arrived ... was it yesterday? ... and I am SO PLEASED!! First, I got it half-off. :) Second, it is an ingenious design!! Have you heard of the Flat-Out! line? It's new to me, and I'm excited about it! They are bowls that flatten out to whatever depth you want them, these four levels: flat like a plate, a shallow plate, a medium bowl, and a deep bowl. I took pictures for you. :) (I know, I'm a complete nerd.) In the second picture I included the seals on top.



Here is the rundown of the past couple days.

Wed. 5 loads of laundry. played the guitar for about 30 minutes (!!!!!!!!!) while the children and I sang fun songs together. J's fave: "I'm Being Swallowed by a Boa Constrictor" - LOL!! Neither Elaine nor Jeremy had ever heard it, so after supper we played/sang it for them. :) N learned her first guitar chord. That lasted, oh, about 10 seconds ... until her, "OUCH!" lol N & J played in the back yard a lot; the weather is SO GORGEOUS right now. Their play inside today was all about the zoo. Each kid made his/her room into a 'habitat' (J: "hapitat"). N's was a liger the other day, but Wed. she was the zoo keeper, actually! hm! Justus was a black panther the other day (He dressed in black from head to toe.), and Wed. he was a macaw. They write and post informative signs on their doors. I prepared my Bible class last-minute, again. HATE THAT. Supper was chili in the Crock Pot. I worked on the computer a lot last night doing church secretary work. What other church secretary in the world does her work from 10:30pm-3:30am. (Thankfully it's not usually thaaaaaaat late!!!!) This is some kind of UNIQUE situation, that's for sure!!! LOL

Today, Thursday, Jeremy worked only this morning. He had an appointment for this afternoon that was cancelled, so he decided since he'd already scheduled his day to not be working those hours, he might as well be home. HAVE I MENTIONED I LOVE MY HUSBAND????? Today felt like a "day off" for me, since I had no pressing/urgent things that had to be done by a specific deadline. What a relief!! I didn't even have to cook supper! I bathed Jabba and actually spent some time 'puttering'. In my existence, 'puttering' means going around the house picking up/straightening. I was able to do some serious clearing of my 'vanity' table (ha) in my bedroom. It barely survived the holidays and has been in need of serious attention. All I do at that table is work on my face/make-up, read my Bible, and prepare my Bible class. However, it is a convenient place (ack) to be the home for lots of other things I need often but don't have another space to call 'home'. Since it is so convenient, this means it's a 'hotspot', to use the FLYterm. One thing that isn't supposed to go there gets put there, and within two minutes it's a PILE of things. (sigh) By the time 11:00 p.m. came around I'd spent a nice amount of time on the phone with three loved ones from the Gallatin Valley. YAY. :) Then I did some computer work, including answering a Bible question posted to the COCHers group, regarding the doctrine of Original Sin ... and (you'll be happy to know, Chic) started uploading pictures to slide.com for the slideshow which will appear on my new blog design. Stay tuned, for the unveiling is at hand!

Bible study with Tommy, Shavon, & Chris was very good tonight. It was also Zane's 4th birthday, so we stayed a mite later than usual to partake of ice cream and cake. Tonight (about this I am REALLY excited!!!!) Shavon taught me how to make homemade tortillas!!!!!! Now how completely cool is that?? I know how to do lots of stuff in the kitchen, but homemade tortillas has never before been one of them. They cooked supper tonight: delicious chicken fajitas. Topic of study: What is the impact of God's Word on our hearts and what should be our reaction to it. It was a wonderful night. The plan for next week is that they'll come here, and arrive at an earlier time than usual so some time can be spent giving haircuts; Shavon has been asking Jeremy for months to teach her how to do a 'fade' with home haircutting clippers. And, Zane might get a mohawk to match Justy's. LOL!

3 comments:

Sydni said...

The Mento/Diet Rite experiment sounds very exciting. I can't believe you got it so perfectly with the picture!

Everything else sounds very exciting too. Wow. What busy lives some people have.

I liked the Tupperware plates/bowls!!!

Jole Dawn said...

can't believe our daughters are getting so tall! i love that H can do her own laundry now. since I work it's a BIG help. as you know! :)

Loree said...

I love tupperware. Glad you do too!!! Those are pretty cool. Great experiment picture. We'll have to try that sometime!