Friday, January 25, 2008

Tue. - Thu., Jan. 22 - 24

Some highlights.

Tues.

  • After learning Row, Row, Row Your Boat on the guitar the other day (one of only maybe two songs I know that can be sung with only one chord! lol), N learned Mary Had a Little Lamb, which requires the use of a 'new' chord!
  • We were able to complete a task that has been needing to be done for a month, which was to deliver a "Christmas" basket to one of our shut-in families. It's a middle-age mom and her son, our age, who is disabled by extreme obesity and back pain. They'd moved, and we didn't have their address yet, and their phone wasn't working dependably, so I've had a devil of a time even contacting them! Thankfully, they live just across the highway from us, and we were able to take the whole family to do the drop-off, so we had a good visit.
  • I made a new recipe for supper that was a hit all around the table. "Greek Pork Wraps" were probably the closest thing I'll ever be able to make to Gyros. Especially yummy to me was the sauce: plain yogurt with garlic and diced cucumbers!!

Wed.

  • When I had a reason to call Jeremy at the office, I identified the caller as "The Excrement Factory"; uggh. How do people with numerous pets DO IT???? Today we filled a double-bagged Wal-Mart bag with poop from our back yard! Granted, we'd skipped one pick-up day so it was probably a week's worth, but ... eeeeeew! ugggggh!
  • We found Kiana a good home; she will be picked up on Friday evening. Our neighbor Antonio's bil has a male German Shepherd Dog, and since Kiana's not fixed, he is excited about having a bunch of little GSD babies. Have fun, dude!
  • Justus, I'm thinking, is likely as good an artist as Natasha is! They really like watching Spongebob; you've probably gathered that. Justus drew a Spongebob for me, just pencil and a paper (And he's spelling my name, "Mommy," correctly now!). It is a great picture! Somehow these children born of my body (I promise, I was there!) can, AS UN-INSTRUCTED CHILDREN, accurately draw pictures that include details such as ... eyelids! ??!!??
  • For my Bible class, about Jesus's temptations, I had to buy some sandpaper ... for the bottom half of their crafted pictures: glue sandpaper on the bottom half of a piece of blue construction paper. Instead of wasting a bunch of time and energy driving (a little) father and fighting all the people at Wal-Mart that evening, I stopped at a little ACE Hardware around the corner from the church building! It was a pleasant experience, such a mom-and-pop-type feeling that I hope to frequent the establishment more often. I got personal service, my first step in the door. I miss that ... with all the shopping we do at "Big Box Stores".
  • Natasha voluntarily practiced on the guiatar some more.

Thur.

  • Jeremy is having an easy week! :) He's going to work a total of two long days this week, Wednesday and Saturday. It is such a blessing having him home, especially this first week having the new puppy here. This morning when Jeremy was bringing the dogs in from taking them out the second time, he realized that while he was out with them the first time, early, he stepped in a pile. (And there aren't even that many piles out there right now, due to the good poop-work of Wednesday!!) The proof was allllllllllll over the floor. Allllllll around the dining room, in the kitchen, allllllll the way up alllllllllllll sixteen stairs, and even upstairs in the family room. Argh. I spent the first hour-and-a-half after breakfast scrubbing the carpet. And I don't even know how effective all that work is.... Time will tell. :*(
  • I made some good progress on some computer work.
  • We packed a box of books we're through with to trade at Bookman's tonight while we were on the East Side for Bible study with the Balderramas.
  • One of Shavon's friends from work (and her two children, dd4 & ds2) joined us at the Balderrama home this evening for supper and Bible study! It was a great time; forward progress was made by all, and we're all looking forward to next week.
  • I'm still working on a way to get our videos to upload nicely onto Blogger ... and play right. Is this something on which Dion would be willing to enlighten me, I wonder??

post signature

3 comments:

Sydni said...

Oh! The dog poop story will probably haunt me for months... I have a STRONG aversion to dog poop!

I also can't tell you how happy I am that you've found a good home fir Kiana. Less dog poop! But, it really isn't any of my business how many dogs you want to have.

It's just that we're REALLY happy with having NO pets AT ALL! :)

Man, the artistic thing just kills me.

I'm pretty sure Sayler will have NO artistic ability.. and you have TWO kids that can do that stuff.

Summer said...

I will ask (via email) Dion right now about the videos on Blogger.

Loree said...

I used a great product called Nature's Miracle on doggy (and children) accidents. It's great and natural! You can get it at Petsmart or Petco or whatever you have there. You might want to try it. However, you can't use it once you used something else so you can't use it on this mess, but maybe in the future???