Sunday, January 6, 2008

Sun., Jan. 6

Sorry, I didn't realize at the time that it wouldn't be obvious from yesterday's picture that J's haircut is a mohawk!!!!! So, as requested, a picture of the back.


Here are a couple pictures of the New Year's Eve group Boggling....


Another shot of Jabba. I promise I'm not obsessed with this dog (although Jeremy and I have both decided, independently, that we think we don't want to ever have to be without a Maltese again. That's how enjoyable this dog is!); rather, I'm just making my way through my 'queue' (?sp) of pictures I've not yet posted....

Today was another enjoyable Lord's Day. There was a Congregational Meeting after the morning service today. The leadership set this meeting with the purpose of fishing for goals the congregation would like to see set! A fair number of people stayed and there was a good amount of input! Wayne England took us out to lunch at a pleasant, quiet restaurant where we met David and Connie, who also eat there regularly. Wayne eats there about 2x/wk. David and Connie maybe 2-3x/mo. It was a remarkably enjoyable, restful lunch. The afternoon was spent, to my delight, on the phone with Stephanie; we had a lot of catching up to do, and ... got it done! :) lol (I hope to shout!!) After services this evening we had a Ladies' Day meeting, which was pretty well-attended and very productive. Maybe the most 'exciting' thing about today is that two of our 'key' (read: "active") Snowbirds are back in town! Wonderful!!

Stephanie called again after we got home; what's eerie is that I was half-thinking, -hoping she would! We're psycho, I admit. :) She had a Bible question this time, about how since circumcision of the flesh is the sign of the covenant that defines a child of Abraham/heir to the promise, and since we, today, are children of Abraham according to Gal. 3, then why aren't all Christian males circumcised? Yay! Good thinking going on there! :)

Laundry, church secretary items, and Ladies' Day prep are the tasks which kept my caffeinated attention into the wee hours. I came home from this evening's meeting with a LIST of things I said I'd do for Ladies' Day; happily, I accomplished many of those things this very night, which will help my brain rest easier whenever the caffeine wears off - ha.

1 comment:

Sydni said...

Thanks for the mohawk picture!

Ask and ye shall receive. :)