Just a quick update. Yesterday was a day of wrapping up this week's projects in preparation for a busy Sunday and then not being in the kitchen much at all on Monday because that is the day Jeremy and Justus have planned to install the new faucet. As it turns out, I was preparing for more company! Elaine invited the whole church over on the spur of the moment for a New Year's Eve party! I think not many will come because it is so last-minute, and because most of these church folk 'stay in' for New Year's Eve ... which is a wonderful idea. - ha
Laundry, meal prep, morning routines, and household service consumed the morning. After J went down for his nap Elaine had gotten home with the bad news that the heater at the building was STILL not working.... All that for that. So Jeremy and I made a trip to town to a.) fix the heater at the building, and b.) accomplish some more shopping. While supper was cooking I built a dessert to take to a good-bye party Sunday night. Sadly, as of Saturday after supper, we were two-for-two in breaking Pampered Chef products. I had the Large Bar Pan stoneware drying on one burner of the stove (TOO LITTLE COUNTER SPACE!!) and turned on the burner under it (!!) by accident. Smash -- ka-BOOM! Scared everyone!! Made me want to cry. :( And then, last night barefoot Justus dropped a ceramic plate onto our tile kitchen floor. :( Poor babe, he was in the middle of a precious apology when he began to get freaked out about how much broken glass was on the floor, and then the pain hit. His foot was cut! Drama, blood, and crying. Jeremy carried him upstairs for washing ... holding his foot wrapped up so as not to drip too much blood on the floor. It was exciting there for a moment! And, I was reminded how thankful I am that I wear shoes (well, Crocs) in the house 100% of moments that I'm not in the bed. After supper it was N's turn for a haircut, and then I worked on church secretary work until early in the morning, fighting printing issues.
Jeremy gave a wonderful lesson again this morning, and the church meeting was especially fun since there were quite a few visitors there! This afternoon even before lunch was cooked I had started on my continued preparations for the good-bye party. Since it was going to be our family's supper I was happy to contribute deviled eggs, a fruit salad, and cheese and crackers. I took about ten minutes after J's nap to color with him. Then I prepared the cards for today's C.A.R.E. Group Meeting. Our evening assembly was a song service and it was wonderful! We are VERY sad that Dick & Diane are leaving us (for Albuquerque), but we've known this was coming, wish them well, and focus on being thankful that we knew them while we did. Now I am doing three loads of laundry before bed. Tomorrow will be spent packing up some Christmas stuff to make room for a New Year's game night. And ... somewhere in here I need to get to the grocery store! ARGH! Crazy-busy!
I do have more pictures to share but they will have to wait. For now I'm going to ... well, re-boot the laundry, and then put my feet up. Now THERE'S an idea..... Pfffffft!
Sunday, December 30, 2007
Sat. & Sun., Dec. 29 & 30
Posted by
JeremyNSunny
at
9:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Woah! I feel WIPED OUT just from reading that 'quick update'.
We bid farewell to Scott and Ranne tonight. SO SAD. Ranne is PRECIOUS AND DELIGHTFUL AND SWEET. Whatever Scott and Amanda are doing is WORKING AND GREAT!!!!!!!!!!
Amanda stayed home with a very sick Toby tonight.
I totally understand about the broken PC items! I too, broke my first bar pan (a different way) and it sounded like a gunshot in the house! OW! Poor J getting his little feet cut! Bless his heart for apologizing so quickly. :)
Hugs!
Post a Comment