Yesterday, piles of clean laundry were folded. Mammals were read about. A homemade pudding was created from leftover egg yolks from yesterday’s white cake. Legos were played with, phone calls made, Kiana got lots of attention, and N & J got to spend the evening with Elaine while Jeremy and I drove across town to have some time with Tommy, Shavon, and Chris, moving toward a Bible study. Since Chris was headed to the Tucson Teens’ Harvest Festival with us on Saturday, he spent the night here so we didn’t have to drive all that way into East Tucson again before heading out of town.
Today the children and Chris played games some in the morning. They also watered the garden, picked up poop, swept outside, and watered plants. Two days’ worth of Household Service in one day! Actually, in one half-hour! I was able to get my computer projects done before we left town, a large accomplishment (though not large projects) and blessing, since all four projects have tomorrow as their deadline.
We had a LOVELY time in Hereford, south of Sierra Vista where the Wises opened their home … their ‘ranch’(!) … to a group of church folk that totaled around 40 people! The three largest congregations in Tucson couldn’t participate in this event because of schedule conflicts, so imagine how big this would have been if everyone had been able to be there! Jim and Janet Wise are actually the in-laws of Scott Lacy, whom Jeremy grew to love at camp last summer, and who drove an hour into town the day after camp to come help us move. This evening we got to meet his wife, his children (14yob, 10yog), his brother- and sister-in-law, their Goth-dressing daughter and her Finnish boyfriend, a hard rocker with long black hair and three thick ‘loop’ lip piercings. It was really strange that, when going around the circle introducing ourselves and what we want to be when we grow up, N said, “I’m Natasha Folding and I want to be a rock star.” I know that a pained expression was frozen on my face before Jeremy and I erupted in laughter. There were some questions around the room, and we were able to explain that this goal was one we’d not heard before. On the way home she explained that she couldn’t think of anything else to say, so she just said that. !!! ?! When it was Justus’s turn he said, “I’m Justus Folding and I want to be a preacher.” (This is what he has been saying on a regular basis the past six or eight months – to the point of talking about how much he’s anxious to improve his reading skills so he can learn more about the Bible to be a good preacher. !!! ?!) Well, then the comments began in earnest, the funnies of which might have been, “Well, they will probably then end up being the subject of each other’s work!” lol
The singing at this event tonight was OUTSTANDING. Some of the best in which I’ve participated in a llllllong time. What’s interesting about it was that there were probably fifteen children there under age 12! They were singing up a storm! Additionally, the teens who were there are some of the teens whom Jeremy learned at camp last summer are particularly spiritually-minded. Let me say it this way. Every part was covered – and covered well, so that I was able to bounce around parts!! The songs selections were some of our favorites of the newer music, in addition to a number of old favorites – a great mix. I feel more encouraged and positive than I have felt in a long time. What a relief! I’m just sad that more people don’t participate in uplifting events like this. There is so much to be gained….
[Maybe Blogger will let me post my pictures & video of this event tomorrow....]
Sunday, November 4, 2007
Fri. & Sat., Nov. 1 & 2
Posted by
JeremyNSunny
at
1:17 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
I had to LAUGH at N saying she wanted to be a rock star!! Then I read that to Clint because I wanted him to get a chuckle as well.
Grrr to Blogger for not letting you post the pictures! PLEASE don't go back to MySpace because of Blogger's misbehavior.
I'm grateful that you're feeling so much better.
Post a Comment