Justus asked me to take these pictures of him playing on the monkeybars.
I took this picture to give you an idea how high the children can swing on these great swings!
Today was surreal. Elaine had to work, but not one of us four had to go anywhere today. We stayed home all day. What an accomplishment! In addition, I'm caught up on laundry, and supper was super-easy again!! Ssssssso that meant I got to make some unconventional choices about how to spend my time today! First, Natasha and I took Jabba on his first 'walk' since he came to live with us. At 5:30 just as the sun was setting, the temperature dipped to 84 degrees and we knew we could stand a walk. It was very nice. I spent some time doing some computer prep-work for the first Ladies' Day 2008 Planning Meeting coming up on Saturday. I also got to 'craft' a little bit, finishing up two small gifts I've been slowly working on.
Jeremy was Mr. Mellow. He's not too well today (Nor am I: sore throat), from the weekend of almost no sleep. He slept in until 11am (means he's sick!), and napped from 4-7pm too!! I won't detail the location where he spent lots of the remaining moments of his day. (He's sick!)
N had a 'particularly-productive' day! I told her that since tomorrow is supposed to be a busier day than today, she should do her "orgenis room" event today. What she wanted to do was switch the location of her dresser and her table/desk! She detailed for me the reasons for her choice and I agreed they were logical and that it would work. (Thankfully Jeremy was home today to help move two of the heaviest pieces of furniture in our house!!) She did a great job re-organizing and cleaning her room. Yay! Natasha also multiplied today! It was so cool. She held up her hand and said, "Mom, five fives is twenty-five!" I just blinked a couple times, making sure I heard what I thought I heard, and then asked, "How did you figure that out?" She pointed to one finger and said "Five," then pointed to the next finger and said, "Five. Two fives is ten, four fives is twenty, and another five is twenty-five!"




1 comment:
I, of course, enjoyed the pictures very much! How wonderful that you had a catch-up sort of relaxing day... AND I'm extremely proud of N for doing multiplication, ALREADY!
Post a Comment