The following three pictures I took mostly just to give you a feel for what the Tot Lot is like. Neighborhood meetings are held there, like the one Jeremy is planning to attend tomorrow morning - a CrimeStoppers meeting! In a couple weeks they are having a Harvest Festival down there too! hm! I'm noticing that I should have taken more pictures of the actual green area/park. Stay tuned. ;)
We didn't have to go ANYWHERE at all today. My favorite thing!! I made ... and burned ... not one but two rhubarb pies for potluck on Sunday. THIS OVEN! I can NOT figure it out! This is a recipe I have made with no problems for ten years, but this oven overcooks some things. I have to figure out whassup with it before it drives me nuts. The pies will be fine. Just, the tops of their crusts will be yummy only to people who like burnt food. blech And ... when I spend that much time making something I want it to be PERFECT, for goodness sake! (Actually, that might be another part of the problem. I didn't make the crusts from scratch this time. We were given some pie crusts leftover from the seminar and I wanted to use them for something to benefit the church. Do you suppose they burned because the crust was different? It's possible, I guess, but makes no sense to me.)
Other somewhat out-of-the-ordinary things today were to spend more time on the phone accomplishing my 'interview' sessions. I'm actually through now, so that's good news. I prepared a couple packages for mailing, had Natasha help me bury the kitchen scraps in the garden (her first time), and did a good amount of reading with the children -- still that mammals book. It's sssssssso interesting. Natasha spent another hour this early-evening making sand drawings on the Dirt Etch-a-Sketch. She and Justus played for hours today with the couch cushions downstairs and the dress-up clothes, along with their light sabers ... each with one finger cymbal attached (by each cymbal's attached elastic band) up toward the end. I asked what that was for. I was informed that they were pretending it was a light to shine on things in the dark. Umm ... okayyyyyyy!?!




No comments:
Post a Comment