Today was pleasant. I stayed at home all day. Gotta like that!! Of interest: Jeremy and I switched our bed to be katty-corner in our bedroom! Just to be different, you know, use the space we have.... It feels really elegant -- like something from a beach resort! LOL (Now I've clued you in to how clueLESS I am about beach resorts!!)
I made, for the first time ever, White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake ... similar to the one from The Olive Garden. BUT (despair!), it has to refrigerate overnight so we don't yet know if it's good!! This cheesecake adventure is funny and yummy! lol I have to research why cheesecakes split open on top so that I will know how to avoid that.
The four of us weeded for 30 minutes this evening before supper, and even just that amount of activity had Jeremy and me racing to separate bathrooms. Uggh, this thing is AWFUL! We've ruled out food poisoning because it's been going (or, rather, WE have been going) (lol - sorry) since Saturday. Jeremy thinks it's dysentary! What could have come on so quickly that has both him and me (typically COMPLETELY DIFFERENT digestive situations) so sick, but no one else in the family?? This is a mystery I look forward to being history!
I barely got supper cooked, being so weak from the drama. Jeremy sat on a bar stool and kept me company and sympathized. After supper Elaine went to the store for the largest bottle they have of extra strength Pepto; the tiny convenience-store bottle from yesterday is long gone.
Jeremy's work today had two interesting things. First, a long visit/study with Ray K. that was fruitful, helpful, and encouraging to Jeremy. Then, after we were notified that Travis Singleton (age 83) was hospitalized this morning because of a seizure, Jeremy headed off to the VA Hospital to try to catch Travis & Oneta there ... which he didn't. Travis had been released about 20 minutes before Jeremy arrived. So he came home, read, and napped.
So, you know how we enjoy the Reiman Publication magazines, right? I've in the past GREATLY enjoyed Country Woman, and justify keeping the Birds & Blooms subscription, calling it 'curriculum' - ha. Oneta subscribes to both Reminisce and Country Woman, and is handing them down to me. And then over the weekend I received a few hand-me-down Country magazines from Bonnie Backer, who receives them from her daughter Vera, who subscribes. They are the greatest magazines in the world; the only one that holds a candle is Reader's Digest, so now you have my opinion on magazines.
My new homeschooling friend from across town...? Jeanne is her name (They call her JEE-nee.); she and I played e-mail ping-pong today, getting to know one another a little better. Super-fun.
The children Lego'd some today; played outside a bit; built a fort for stuffed animals, downstairs, out of pillows, chairs, and couch cushions; read; and we worked in Justus's closet for a while this afternoon. Three loads of laundry, three meals, dishes, and then nursing our tummies in the evening to the tune of Animal Planet ("Ocean's Most Dangerous Animals"), and that was the day!
Wednesday, September 5, 2007
Tue., Sep. 4
Posted by
JeremyNSunny
at
1:37 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment