Friday, September 14, 2007

Thu., Sep. 13

There was a successful grocery shopping trip today. The other errands didn't get run b/c a.) the girl we were going to go visit in the hospital seems to no longer be in the hospital, and b.) Jeremy is going to take care of the other errands tomorrow since he has to go to the east side anyway! YAY! N & J made their AquaDots purchase ("2007 Toy of the Year"); stay tuned for stories and pictures in that regard.
Finally the Ladies' Day pictures are available!! Good thing, since this event was in APRIL!! lol So, I get to share some of them with you who are interested in putting faces to the names I speak about often.
Sharon Dillon (in pink, below) was the coordinator of Ladies' Day this year. In this picture she is standing with a friend of hers from Southside; the friend, sadly, I have not met enough times to remember her name. :(
Sunny Folding was the song leader this year.
Fern Stapleman led the opening prayer.

Elaine Folding was the first speaker.

Gail Kish was the second speaker.
Mary Francis Mitchell, from Southside, led the closing prayer.

This is a picture of Mary Jo Hughes with a friend she brought. Mary Jo did the Icebreaker!

Here is Fred Dillon (Sharon's husband) working in the kitchen of their restaurant, where the luncheon was held!

Here is Connie Riecke, before she and David were members of Mission Valley, with her long-time friend Sherrie Buscemi, & Palo Verde member Vonnie Phillips.

This is Bonnie Backer (mother of Donna McDaniel & Vera McDaniel) with Susan Garrison, who was the MC of the morning!



I plan to post more Ladies' Day pictures tomorrow.

1 comment:

Sydni said...

Ok! How nice that I can now put a face with some names! Thanks.