We're going to give Blogger our attention for a while and see if it serves us better than what we were doing before. So ... we shall see.
Here are some pictures I've been wanting to share for a long time. It has been "monsooning" on us for a number of weeks; what an experience to witness for the first time!! Very exciting. The first picture is what our view out the upstairs, north-facing family room window looks like normally. The four pictures below that were taken as a panoramic, first looking west, then northwest, then northeast, then east.




Here's a picture of a dust storm that was blowing by one day before a monsoon storm. This is another picture facing north (through the screen - sorry); 9 months of the year the prevailing winds blow west to east, but during monsoon season it switches, so the dust in this picture is blowing from the right of the picture to the left.
I haven't yet spent much time taking pictures of our house, set-up. I will do so - soon. We've actually 'lived' in this house only five weeks, and what with finding a different home for Valerie, and then our v-a-c-a-t-i-o-n (for which I forgot my camera ... sigh), there hasn't been just a TON of extra time for setting up/taking pictures. However, one day when I was feeling overwhelmed about the size of our huge pantry I took three pictures to try to give you an idea. The kitchen itself is small, but the size of the pantry makes up for the small kitchen - mostly. (We have empty cabinets!) The three pictures below were taken left to right ... and don't even do the pantry justice.
One day Natasha was reading on a couch in the downstairs living room; it struck me that she looks so grown-up a lot of the time, these days.









1 comment:
I'm so excited to leave your first comment! Do you like Blogger? I really do. Natasha looks really grown up and the pantry is AMAZING! I've added you to my Google Reader list of Blogger bloggers... so I'll know as soon as you make a new post. Yippee!! I only watch 8 blogs now including yours. Love you all.
Post a Comment